Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

6 minutes ago, Eric Killmonger said:

Last I ever heard anybody talking about the show was when Glenn died. And that was...five years ago? Its popularity and relevance really fell off the face of the earth a lot harder than most.

That’s around the time when I dropped it, I persevered for a season after Glenn died, but the writing became so bad and characters had such thick plot armour that it completely killed it. I remember a scene where Rick and Negan were stood in front of each other firing shots at each other and not a single shot landed, it was comical. I dipped back in just to see how they wrote Rick out, but the pathetic/nonsensical way they did it just justified my decision to stop. If they ever get around to that Rick series it’ll be an absolute flop, no wonder they ditched the movies idea.

The first five seasons of Walking Dead were really compelling stuff, it began dropping off quickly after that.  I don't even remember exactly where I stopped watching it, but it wasn't long after Negan beat Glenn and the big ginger dude to death with Lucille(the uproar over that scene was hilarious).

Its hard to believe people still watch that shit, I haven't read or heard anything about it in such a long time.  Crazy how that used to be one of the top tier shows on TV.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnokesLegs said:

That’s around the time when I dropped it, I persevered for a season after Glenn died, but the writing became so bad and characters had such thick plot armour that it completely killed it. I remember a scene where Rick and Negan were stood in front of each other firing shots at each other and not a single shot landed, it was comical. I dipped back in just to see how they wrote Rick out, but the pathetic/nonsensical way they did it just justified my decision to stop. If they ever get around to that Rick series it’ll be an absolute flop, no wonder they ditched the movies idea.

They took out Rick? But like...dude's the main character!

22 minutes ago, Eric Killmonger said:

Yep. They did a fake out that made it look like he’d been killed, but then we see that he actually survived and ended up on a helicopter to…somewhere? A series of theatrical movies were supposed to follow his story, but looks like they’ve just been downgraded to a spin off series on AMC (if they even bother with that).

Best thing they could do is leave it a few years and then try it, let some sort of nostalgia for the good seasons set in like Showtime did with Dexter.

On 11/20/2022 at 1:06 PM, Eric Clade said:

They didn't kill Rick on the show, just left his fate unclear as he was airlifted into what was supposed to be spinoff movies. In the comics on the other hand, Kirkman just killed Rick straight up and ended the comic run a month later with no notice to readers. It just ended with a flash forward to the world 20 years after Rick's death.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 7:28 PM, Eric Clade said:

Last I ever heard anybody talking about the show was when Glenn died. And that was...five years ago? Its popularity and relevance really fell off the face of the earth a lot harder than most.

I stopped watching around Season 3 or 4, but I remember Glenn’s death really turned people off. There was a level of cruelty that went beyond what the normal scope of the show. It was fascinating. People wanted the scene to be like “in the comics” (they obviously never read), got what they wanted, and bitched about it straight after.

6 minutes ago, AJG said:

I stopped watching around Season 3 or 4, but I remember Glenn’s death really turned people off. There was a level of cruelty that went beyond what the normal scope of the show. It was fascinating. People wanted the scene to be like “in the comics” (they obviously never read), got what they wanted, and bitched about it straight after.

bunchof-pussies-getting-started.gif