Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I've got some weird kind of anxiety where I'd post something online and then be scared to read the replies later. So I hope no one replies to this post. But I would like to say how much I learned to appreciate @Eric in Boots as a mod this year. I always thought he had a personal bias against me but a few months ago he was actually very kind to me in private, even though I know I was being a pain in the ass. I could send this via private message but I wanted to say this in public because also a while ago I saw him taking some criticism that I don't think was fair and I wanted to say something since. I think you're a great mod. Happy New Year everyone. :ty:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Any hockey fans here watching the World Juniors?

Connor Bedard....I'd give my left arm for my Canucks to win the lottery and draft him. He'll be an all timer! 7 points tonight alone in a 11-2 Canada win over Germany! He's up there with all time greats in terms of total points at the World Juniors at the age of 17 or under.

Been thinking about how Colin Farrell and Kathryn Hahn have been acting in a bunch of films for a long time (since the early 2000s) but seem to have started to reach their peak popularity and admiration during the past 2-4 years. Wondering if there are any other actors who have been in major films for a long time but only reached peak popularity recently.

Edited by lorddemaxus

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Been thinking about how Colin Farrell and Kathryn Hahn have been acting in a bunch of films for a long time (since the early 2000s) but seem to have started to reach their peak popularity and admiration during the past 2-4 years. Wondering if there are any other actors who have been in major films for a long time but only reached peak popularity recently.

Not sure that is a great comprasion, COlin Farrell was heavily promoted to become a huge star but never made  it, but he got a lot of name recoginition;he finally got respect as a actor in supporting roles.

Hahn has always been a supporting actress who was always good but never got any real recognition and was never promoted as a major star the way Farrell was. She had a recurring role in "Parks and Rec" for example.

I think Agatha Harkness was something of a breakthrough for her.

Edited by dudalb

https://www.forbes.com/sites/qai/2022/12/29/elon-musk-sells-another-36-billion-in-tesla-stock-to-prop-up-twitter/?sh=2d4a605e6993

Things going just great at Twitter..........

And anybody who buys this "Musk is playing four dimensional chess, and knows what he is doing" nonsense is a fool.

Musk is in over his head with this.

55 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

We in a world where a random teen from sweden is a leading voice for climate change with random emotional outbursts and think we should ban all commerical flying and a sexist mma fighter is a household name and loved by millions of teenage boys who think womens are servants to men.

No wonder the world is a dumpster fire 

Why are any of these people relevant and such a large part of our current culture ? 20-30 years such people would not relevant at all and the world seemed a more sane place.  

Andrew Tate is an actual human trafficker, please don’t do this both sides bullshit.

• Like 8