Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

He is in Loki 2 because that was filmed before the scandal hit and there was no way they could cut him out without massive reshoots which they did not want to do because of cost.

You sure as hell will not see him in the McDonald's tie in for Loki 2.(apparentlly there is some product lacment, with Loke chowing down in a Mickey D's at one point"/

2 hours ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

His lawyers also ran another puff piece at Insider with “evidence” that straight up contradicts previous claims by his lawyer. But what’s funny is that that article is getting overshadowed by the tmz video. So their PR spin failed again.

How many times have his lawyers come up with evidence proving all charges false, only what they show does nothing of the kind?

Not making any judgement about his innocence or guilt, but what his lawyers have come up with so far has sure as hell not proven him innocent.

36 minutes ago, dudalb said:

How many times have his lawyers come up with evidence proving all charges false, only what they show does nothing of the kind?

Not making any judgement about his innocence or guilt, but what his lawyers have come up with so far has sure as hell not proven him innocent.

Because their strategy has been about running the PR war and a smear campaign against his accuser. Their whole shtick has been that “oh she looks fine on the cameras” when a minute of google research shows that bruises can take hours, sometimes days to appear and broken fingers can still be used (sometimes the pain is dull enough that you don’t realize your finger is broken).

Whats funny is that the new “evidence” straight up flies in the lawyer’s face! Since June they claimed that the fight happened in a car where he was attacked and had his coat ripped, but the video footage shows him looking fine. Remember, their logic is that if someone looks good on camera, then it means they’re okay! So now the lawyer is saying that the accuser followed and attacked him there. But again, back in June, the claim was they went their separate ways after the car fight. The other new “evidence” is sus in its own ways, and the fact that this is dropping the same day as that video (Insider republished the same article after the TMZ video went viral lmao) and Majors’ lawyer is trying now to get the case thrown out (why now after all this time you tell me) just screams last ditch effort to save his public image. I doubt it will actually work and tomorrow a new trial date will be set, but still.

By the way, I think it’s absolutely worth noting that the writer of all the pro-Majors articles at Insider used to work for the New York Post and admitted to writing a false story about Kamala Harris in it.

Edited by AMC Theaters Enjoyer
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Because their strategy has been about running the PR war and a smear campaign against his accuser. Their whole shtick has been that “oh she looks fine on the cameras” when a minute of google research shows that bruises can take hours, sometimes days to appear and broken fingers can still be used (sometimes the pain is dull enough that you don’t realize your finger is broken).

Whats funny is that the new “evidence” straight up flies in the lawyer’s face! Since June they claimed that the fight happened in a car where he was attacked and had his coat ripped, but the video footage shows him looking fine. Remember, their logic is that if someone looks good on camera, then it means they’re okay! So now the lawyer is saying that the accuser followed and attacked him there. But again, back in June, the claim was they went their separate ways after the car fight. The other new “evidence” is sus in its own ways, and the fact that this is dropping the same day as that video (Insider republished the same article after the TMZ video went viral lmao) and Majors’ lawyer is trying now to get the case thrown out (why now after all this time you tell me) just screams last ditch effort to save his public image. I doubt it will actually work and tomorrow a new trial date will be set, but still.

By the way, I think it’s absolutely worth noting that the writer of all the pro-Majors articles at Insider used to work for the New York Post and admitted to writing a false story about Kamala Harris in it.

Problem is that tactic no longer works the way it used to. Lawyers have become smart enough to counteract that in the actual triial with a "don't be fooled by a slick media campaing" ptich to the jury. Countering a "poisonhing the well" tactic has bcome SOP training in law schools.

So... this is, um, interesting:

I really have no idea if Bill Willingham saying this actually put Fables into public domain or if he had to make some sort of filing, but the fight over this is sure gonna be, as I said, interesting.

(lots of juicy DC gossip as well in the post for his rationale, but that is decidedly less interesting to me)

3 hours ago, Porthos said:

So... this is, um, interesting:

I really have no idea if Bill Willingham saying this actually put Fables into public domain or if he had to make some sort of filing, but the fight over this is sure gonna be, as I said, interesting.

(lots of juicy DC gossip as well in the post for his rationale, but that is decidedly less interesting to me)

Fables is a pretty bad test case for this unfortunately. Mainly because Fables is full of public domain characters, the only thing people couldn't use before this was name Fables. Would be so much better if like Neil Gaiman did this with Sandman.

The good old-fashioned Friday afternoon celebrity news dump, feels like it's been a while..

Their youngest child is 18. So often couples wait to divorce until all the kids have left for college/moved out. However it turns out the kids could totally tell their parents' marriage wasn't great, and feel awful that they were reason the split didn't happen sooner. That may not be what happened here but it's a common phenomenon.

Jeezy and Jeannie Mai are also headed for divorce after 2 years of marriage.

Any other celebrity breakups coming this weekend?

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Astonished 1

3 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Right? Horrible to hear about Momoa if true, a real image killer.

If true..a big if.....Won;t be the first time  Momoa got in trouble of a joke in really bad taste.

Momoa is thrying to project a "Nice Guy" impage, jokes that offend people is a lousy way to do that.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, The GOAT said:

Yes, pretty much. Her marital affairs should not be anyone’s business. The Awful publicity made it much harder on the creatives of the movie.

Except that's not her fault. This all started because she wrote a MeToo article and never named a single partner. Then everyone else blew it up. She should not be blamed for this and it's wild that that's what you're implying 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Except that's not her fault. This all started because she wrote a MeToo article and never named a single partner. Then everyone else blew it up. She should not be blamed for this and it's wild that that's what you're implying 

You're so fucking real for this.

• Like 1

I have been hesitant to open up about how misinformed so many people have been on her, but, for fuck's sake. Some of y'all deserved to get called and dragged for some of the ridiculous comments based on ignorance, lies, and misogyny.

Hoping people get around to education and recognize it. Cannot wait to watch In The Fire. ❤️

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

You know at one point the trial felt like the most publicized case since OJ drove that white Ford Bronco and showed how the gloves don't fit, so they must acquit. It completely tarnished both of their careers and basically showed that they were both crazy psychos that like engage in zero sum games.

• Like 3