Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

20 hours ago, Bob Train said:

Elon also said he would remove block feature which never happened.

Like it or not, Twitter will not die anytime soon, Twitter addicts are far too addicted for that to ever happen.

If it loses enough money, it will not matter how much the die hard fans are addicted to it, it will go under.

16 hours ago, dudalb said:

I still think both Depp and Heard lied like hell over this case.

What distrubed me is how many people automatically took sides  without waiting for facts based on who they were fans of.

Thing is the court Case being on tv changed everything.

Heard came off as unlikeable and unreliable, her lawyers seemed they were from 1st year law school. Depp for his flaws has a very charming persona.

Also did help a lot of non mainstream media took Depp's Side.

Edited by Torontofan

I could go on about the campaign that weaponized social justice language among the supposed 'inclusive' and aware crowd on social media, but I won't.

I will say that Regal has indeed returned the Regal Roller Coaster to the pre-show instead of that cringe movie line pre-show.

There's no denying that the vast majority of people took Depp's side in the real world, and thought he was the main victim. It's only on niche internet micro-communities where that might not be the case. Polling backs this up btw, as every poll shows people were more sympathetic towards Depp, and the overwhelming majority agreed with the verdict.

• Like 2

The trial was a farce, and it being televised was a bigger joke. Let's not get into Depp's misinformation campaign.

The larger general population is not educated or equipped to deal with cases about domestic violence (or intimate-partner violence), so it makes sense many of the people who ended up watching it fell for the ploys and tactics of Depp's side.

Since the verdict, I have seen a bit more people being coming out and saying they were wrong, etc, and it's a good thing to see. I could go on and and on, but let's not give me reasons to drag y'all. ❤️

Edited by Claire of Themyscira
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Torontofan said:

Thing is the court Case being on tv changed everything.

Heard came off as unlikeable and unreliable, her lawyers seemed they were from 1st year law school. Depp for his flaws has a very charming persona.

Also did help a lot of non mainstream media took Depp's Side.

I think cameras in a courtroom are an obscenity, tnat they always distort the trial, and should be banned period. I think the OJ fiasco would have taught people that. INa way it has I guess, I notice that no major criminal trial has been televised in the US since.

I remember seeing the bunch of Depp fanboys in a fake pirate ship in front of the courtroom and thinking "What the hell does this have to do with the facts of the case? Ihope none of these morons is ever on a jury for real".

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 5

47 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think cameras in a courtroom are an obscenity, tnat they always distort the trial, and should be banned period. I think the OJ fiasco would have taught people that. INa way it has I guess, I notice that no major criminal trial has been televised in the US since.

I remember seeing the bunch of Depp fanboys in a fake pirate ship in front of the courtroom and thinking "What the hell does this have to do with the facts of the case? Ihope none of these morons is ever on a jury for real".

You're so real. ❤️

The public should not able to have a view of such a case with those intimate details being discussed. I can only imagine my worst moments of life being portrayed on television and YouTube.

Knowing people are hearing me at my most vulnerable would be rattling. Amber is full of strength.

• Like 2

The other night I went to a screening of the Dark Knight for the first time in theaters. It's actually incredible. Gave for a much better experience on big screen with loud speakers, so I could experience the score and sound mixing for all it's greatness. There is not a SINGLE scene which I did not find entertaining. The only improvement that my mind can conjure up is if Anne Hathaway was casted as Rachel Dawes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

Trump’s RICO trial in Georgia is going to be televised I think so expect a media circus to ensue.

11 hours ago, Bob Train said:

There's no denying that the vast majority of people took Depp's side in the real world, and thought he was the main victim. It's only on niche internet micro-communities where that might not be the case. Polling backs this up btw, as every poll shows people were more sympathetic towards Depp, and the overwhelming majority agreed with the verdict.

morgan-freeman-pointing.gif

• Thanks 1

On 9/16/2023 at 7:18 PM, Cap said:

He always gave off that vibe, still sad to be right though.

On 9/16/2023 at 11:05 PM, Porthos said:

TFW when you want to give the sad, wtf, and disbelief reactions all at the same time. :(

How is this surprising? This is literally one of the least surprising things I've ever heard about a famous person. It is pretty obvious what kind of person he is for anyone who has watched for a bit anything of his on YouTube.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 3