Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

12 minutes ago, MrPink said:

@Porthos give me your rational takes

I mean, Anything Can Happen In Game 7???

Honestly, I'd rather be in the Astros shoes than the Rangers here, repeat of 2019 vibes notwithstanding.

Also honestly, kinda feel like we're playing with House Money given the season so far, so as long as it isn't a soul crushing type loss* tonight kinda good with whatever happens.  Then again, not living in Texas I won't feel the same level of heat between the 'stros and Rangers as you might.

Only real wrinkle is if Mad Max can reach down and find one night of magic.  Which can certainly happen coz YCPB.

Still, all things being equal, as I said, I'd rather be in the Astros position here than the Rangers.

* And already got a pithy statement on deck in case of a soul crushing loss, so I have that covered as well. 😉

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

I mean, Anything Can Happen In Game 7???

Honestly, I'd rather be in the Astros shoes than the Rangers here, repeat of 2019 vibes notwithstanding.

Also honestly, kinda feel like we're playing with House Money given the season so far, so as long as it isn't a soul crushing type loss* tonight kinda good with whatever happens.  Then again, not living in Texas I won't feel the same level of heat between the 'stros and Rangers as you might.

Only real wrinkle is if Mad Max can reach down and find one night of magic.  Which can certainly happen coz YCPB.

Still, all things being equal, as I said, I'd rather be in the Astros position here than the Rangers.

* And already got a pithy statement on deck in case of a soul crushing loss, so I have that covered as well. 😉

Any thoughts on likely next manager Bob Melvin?

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

Any thoughts on likely next manager Bob Melvin?

I think Preller should get the exact same compensation out of the Giants that he had to give to the Athletics to get Melvin in the first place.

Seems like a fair deal to me. 👍

Also, would preferred a slightly less angst inducing start in the Game 7 that's already started.

EDIT:::

Yeaaah, that is definitely not the start I was lookin' for here.

Edited by Porthos

Britney said in her memoir that she tried out for The Notebook and it came down to her and Rachel McAdams. Here's her audition tape:

I never would've guessed she had it in her after Crossroads. An incredible "what if" to cconsider on so many levels. Maybe she keeps acting and never dates Kevin Federline. Maybe Rachel doesn't have quite such a good run in 2004-05 and doesn't reject stardom as much as she did. And to think McGosling might have never happened!

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Also, would preferred a slightly less angst inducing start in the Game 7 that's already started.

EDIT:::

Yeaaah, that is definitely not the start I was lookin' for here.

Yeah, well, that was fun.  Darn Phillies even ruined my snark I was gonna pre-write.

(technically can come back from this, but I ain't holding my breath)

10 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Britney said in her memoir that she tried out for The Notebook and it came down to her and Rachel McAdams. Here's her audition tape:

I never would've guessed she had it in her after Crossroads. An incredible "what if" to cconsider on so many levels. Maybe she keeps acting and never dates Kevin Federline. Maybe Rachel doesn't have quite such a good run in 2004-05 and doesn't reject stardom as much as she did. And to think McGosling might have never happened!

This is such a weird what if. One decision going the other way here would’ve saved her from so much trouble.

I guess that’s what life is about though, lots of such things stacking up.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

McAdams still had Mean Girls in '04 so she probably ends up having the career she does thanks to one iconic movie instead of two. Worked out for Seyfried!

Pin on humor

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

McAdams still had Mean Girls in '04 so she probably ends up having the career she does thanks to one iconic movie instead of two. Worked out for Seyfried!

Pin on humor

Lacey's done like 30 Hallmark movies, some with similarly mushy plots, just G-rated and filmed in 2-3 weeks lol.

83qd9t.jpg

(would have made it "Current State of BOT Baseball Fandom", but I can't remember if there are Rangers fans on BOT)

((out of respect, I won't tag the Phillies Fans here — they'll likely see it in due time))

Bonus State of Baseball Picture:

that70s-show-drinking.gif

FOX EXECUTIVES AT HAVING TO MARKET

A RANGERS-DIAMONDBACKS WORLD SERIES

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Morieris said:

Does anyone remember the Box Office Manager game? You decide the movies and what screens they get?

Is that still a thing?

I'd never heard of this but found a link to Megaplex Manager, which describes itself as "a mix between Box Office prediction and cinema tycoon". Not sure how updated it is, though the copyright date on the page is current.

LOL, and they were so eager to tell the world they were an item after 5 minutes of dating!

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl