Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

48 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Maybe awards shows really should go without writers beyond the bare minimum introductions if dumb bits like this are the best they can do.

If it was delivered better, it would have landed. also lol everyone rushing to defend her here but no one was rushing to see Wish.

• ...wtf 1

18 minutes ago, grim22 said:

i

I wish more actors would take the same "I'd rather hide under a table or elsewhere than be a part of this lame bit" approach that Cate, Marisa, Regina, and Todd Field did with Hasan Minhaj at the Spirit Awards last year. Funnier than any of the actual jokes he said during the ceremony.

Meanwhile, the Emmy Awards are finally on tonight. Gonna watch of course (after seeing The Boys in the Boat this afternoon) but man do most of the nominees feel old news now. Obi-Wan Kenobi will be two years old in four months. Also gotta be amusing for The Bear crew that whatever awards they collect tonight will be for season one even though they filmed, released, and have won other awards for season two (which will be nominated at the next Emmy ceremony in eight months) in the meantime.

Edited by filmlover
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, filmlover said:

I wish more actors would take the same "I'd rather hide under a table or elsewhere than be a part of this lame bit" approach that Cate, Marisa, Regina, and Todd Field did with Hasan Minhaj at the Spirit Awards last year. Funnier than any of the actual jokes he said during the ceremony.

Meanwhile, the Emmy Awards are finally on tonight. Gonna watch of course (after seeing The Boys in the Boat this afternoon) but man do most of the nominees feel old news now. Obi-Wan Kenobi will be two years old in four months. Also gotta be amusing for The Bear crew that whatever awards they collect tonight will be for season one even though they filmed, released, and have won other awards for season two (which will be nominated at the next Emmy ceremony in eight months) in the meantime.

The weak Ted Lasso S3 giving The Bear a sweep

Post by @stevekamb
View on Threads

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

The weak Ted Lasso S3 giving The Bear a sweep

It's almost certain to win its categories next year too with the 2023-2024 TV season certain to bear (heh) the brunt of the extended industry shutdown. Succession being gone now will free up the Drama categories too (maybe The Morning Show will finally have its moment?). A lot of the shows that competed at the Golden Globes and are doing so again at the SAG awards are now out of the conversation for the fall. Gonna be interesting to see how that works out, since a lot of the shows that were probably planning for spring launches before the deadline are unlikely to be ready.

54 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's almost certain to win its categories next year too with the 2023-2024 TV season certain to bear (heh) the brunt of the extended industry shutdown. Succession being gone now will free up the Drama categories too (maybe The Morning Show will finally have its moment?). A lot of the shows that competed at the Golden Globes and are doing so again at the SAG awards are now out of the conversation for the fall. Gonna be interesting to see how that works out, since a lot of the shows that were probably planning for spring launches before the deadline are unlikely to be ready.

This moment got me

Post by @littleylittley
View on Threads
  • Sad 1

The winners were pretty good, as was the ceremony for the most part, despite how stale the overall awards were due to how delayed the telecast was and some of these folks winning three televised awards over the course of just over a week led to an aura of "how are you still surprised by this?" to their speeches. But mostly I'm just intrigued to see what happens in the fall when the number of contenders from Drama and Comedy won't be many. Maybe we'll be seeing a comeback for network TV and other streaming shows that wouldn't have happened otherwise due to how weak the fields are going to be. Emmy Nominated Drama Ahsoka!

Edited by filmlover

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

The winners were pretty good, as was the ceremony for the most part, despite how stale the overall awards were due to how delayed the telecast was and some of these folks winning three televised awards over the course of just over a week led to an aura of "how are you still surprised by this?" to their speeches. But mostly I'm just intrigued to see what happens in the fall when the number of contenders from Drama and Comedy won't be many. Maybe we'll be seeing a comeback for network TV and other streaming shows that wouldn't have happened otherwise due to how weak the fields are going to be. Emmy Nominated Drama Ahsoka!

@YM! better make that "Ted for Best Comedy" campaign early.

i relate to the Emmys because Succession, Beef and The Bear were three of the only new shows I got around to watching last year too. Well, I watched four episodes of The Bear and gave up because it's boring.

• ...wtf 1

Still expecting this Vision thing to be a flop, but kind of funny to see them bring back 3D TVs in a way. Remember when that was supposed to be the next big thing, but nobody actually bought one?

10 minutes ago, Eric George said:

@YM! better make that "Ted for Best Comedy" campaign early.

The Bear, Abbott Elementary, and Only Murders in the Building are the only Series nominees that will be competing in the next Comedy cycle. Truly going to be a free-for-all as to what fills up the rest of the category unless they cut back from 8 nominees just for this year lol.

1 hour ago, Eric George said:

Still expecting this Vision thing to be a flop, but kind of funny to see them bring back 3D TVs in a way. Remember when that was supposed to be the next big thing, but nobody actually bought one?

The glasses being like 50$ a piece and everyone needing like 4-6 glasses for group viewing killed it dead. Also turned out that 3D was a fad in the end.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

season 2 was so bad though.

There's the ice cream incident as well. An infamous behind the scenes photo raised hopes of an iconic scene, and then the scene was just cut and never seen even on the extras.