Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DAR said:

I really I have no idea what this Kendrick Lamar/Drake feud is about.  But considering that my AARP card is arriving later this year I probably shouldn’t know.

Even the BBC wants in on that web traffic lol:

Kendrick Lamar’s beef with Drake and J Cole explained

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Diss tracks have always been a thing, but it sure does feel like they've been more all the rage than usual so far this year. Everyone needs to just hug it out!

Drake accused Kendrick of beating his woman, and Kendrick has essentially labeled Drake a sexual predator over multiple tracks in two days, while saying he should die. Showbiz is unpredictable, but right now it's hard to picture them doing a reunion tour together in their 50s.

J Cole is the true winner in all this for bowing out early.

8 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Drake accused Kendrick of beating his woman, and Kendrick has essentially labeled Drake a sexual predator over multiple tracks in two days, while saying he should die. Showbiz is unpredictable, but right now it's hard to picture them doing a reunion tour together in their 50s.

J Cole is the true winner in all this for bowing out early.

Pumping out 3 diss tracks over the course of one weekend is devotion, I'll give Kendrick Lamar that.

• Haha 1

He has them on standby, he has to. It's like me blogging, when something is trending, I just throw a link on Twitter and get the hits an the work has been completed for ages.

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Morieris said:

He has them on standby, he has to. It's like me blogging, when something is trending, I just throw a link on Twitter and get the hits an the work has been completed for ages.

I don't know, "Meet the Grahams" dropped late Friday and Drake fans were like, it's low energy and no one will be playing it in the club (as if that was the point). And on Saturday, here comes the uptempo "Not Like Us"—I've already seen videos from people dancing to it at clubs. The lyrics for Kendrick's newest songs also reference/respond to things from "Family Matters" which Drake just dropped on Friday. Kendrick has said there's a mole in Drake's camp, so maybe there's been some lead time in putting his responses together.

One of the more elaborate conspiracies is that the mole is actually a double agent and deliberately fed false info about the 11 year old daughter, as to discredit all of Kendrick's allegations. Notice Drake denied having (another) secret kid right sway but didn't immediately address Kendrick likening him to Harvey Weinstein.

There's also the theory that Eleven is a reference to Millie Bobby Brown's Stranger Things character. It's well known that Drake was texting "advice about boys" and that he missed her so much, when he was 32 and she was 14. And she's not the only underage girl he was known to be "friendly" with...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I don't know, "Meet the Grahams" dropped late Friday and Drake fans were like, it's low energy and no one will be playing it in the club (as if that was the point). And on Saturday, here comes the uptempo "Not Like Us"—I've already seen videos from people dancing to it at clubs. The lyrics for Kendrick's newest songs also reference/respond to things from "Family Matters" which Drake just dropped on Friday. Kendrick has said there's a mole in Drake's camp, so maybe there's been some lead time in putting his responses together.

One of the more elaborate conspiracies is that the mole is actually a double agent and deliberately fed false info about the 11 year old daughter, as to discredit all of Kendrick's allegations. Notice Drake denied having (another) secret kid right sway but didn't immediately address Kendrick likening him to Harvey Weinstein.

There's also the theory that Eleven is a reference to Millie Bobby Brown's Stranger Things character. It's well known that Drake was texting "advice about boys" and that he missed her so much, when he was 32 and she was 14. And she's not the only underage girl he was known to be "friendly" with...

Oh I didn't mean to suggest that like...he's waiting for Drake to trend, just that there's been years of shit, like you said, and Kendrick has ample material that's ready. If he made 10 diss tracks in the past week and am simply waiting to drop them, I'd believe it.

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, eddyxx said:

Drake, certified pedophile. I can't wait til FBI comes knocking on his door.

More like local police. Pedophilia is usualy not a federal offense unless the guy flees acorss a state line to avoid prosecution.

• Disbelief 1

5 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Went to Easy Street Burger today (good place) and they got a sign right as you enter hyping up that Keith Lee approved it. Honestly I’m surprised that it took that long to see someone do that.

Seeing the number of health issues he has had, would eating at a place recommended by Keith Lee be a plus?

44 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Roger Corman just passed away. :( 

Just off of how many filmmakers started out because of his influence, it’s probably safe to say the film world would be much different without him. And that’s before getting into his own work. 

• Like 1