Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

lol at how chaotic at the Emmy race is about to get if this intel ends up correct. Nobody wants to see this extremely divisive final season of The Crown win.

FWIW The Sympathizer does have a second book they can adapt so if it's a hit (which it likely will be between post-Oscar RDJ and HBO marketing the heck out of it) they can always give it a quick renewal over the next few weeks before the submission deadline.

5 hours ago, Morieris said:

As someone pointed out, the first AI thing to actually have some pop cultural relevance was thanks to the human behind it giving it some actual effort and people picking up on that.

• Like 1

VENTING:

I'm turning 30 much later this year, but fuck...I wish access and opportunity were more common to people where I'm from.

I want nothing more than to make music. K-Pop revitalized so much of my love for music and passion for making music.

Like, ugh...

Edited by Claire of Themyscira
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

VENTING:

I'm turning 30 much later this year, but fuck...I wish access and opportunity were more common to people where I'm from.

I want nothing more than to make music. K-Pop revitalized so much of my love for music and passion for making music.

Like, ugh...

Remember;

Lil Nas X just bought a sample of a 3 Doors Down song and made the biggest hit of 2018 in his room, and look at him now.

• Heart 1

I've been told by many many people that Real Life Court Cases are nothing like the dramatics that one sees in a typical Law and Order episode.

Until today I believed them.

Until I read the Elon Musk deposition from beginning to end that is.

Having trouble embedding blusky posts right now, so tweets will have to do.

Gonna give the topline of a couple of thread summaries first....

But then there's this:

GKqZ7i6aUAAUyk3?format=jpg&name=medium

*record scratch*

I mean, really now.

The whole deposition can be read here: 

https://www.scribd.com/document/721193667/Elon-Musk-Deposed-In-Lawsuit-For-Falsely-Linking-Jewish-Man-To-Neo-Nazi-Brawl

There were several times through it I, as a fucking non-lawyer who is absolutely ignorant about these things, was going "SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP FOR GOD'S SAKE SHUT UP ELON!  CAN'T YOU SEE THE TRAP YOUR WALKING INTO SHUT THE FUCK UP"

in a sort of real life "stop stop, he's already dead" sort of way.

But the absolute piece de resistance is a real life sighting of the classic "I move for a bad court thingy":

(note in advance: "PO" appears to equal "Protective Order")

GKs64N0WEAAWGuC?format=jpg&name=360x360GKs67s9WsAAH41R?format=jpg&name=small

GKs6-EhWEAA77za?format=jpg&name=360x360GKs7BZ3WcAAaAVP?format=jpg&name=360x360

GKs7kjkW4AAmRgr?format=jpg&name=360x360GKs7oh_XAAAyMM3?format=jpg&name=360x360

GKs7r4bW8AACyx9?format=jpg&name=360x360

=====

EVEN ALEX JONES' ATTORNEY'S KNEW HOW TO DO THAT.

THE ABSOLUTE SHADE!!!!!

(for the record, Elon Musk's legal team filed several emergency motions to prohibit the disclosure of the deposition)

((SPOILER ALERT: They failed))

Lots of stories on the net about the more salacious aspects of the depo, but I'll let y'all find them for yourselves.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/8/2024 at 1:32 AM, Claire of Themyscira said:

VENTING:

Like, ugh...

Making in music, or any other form of show business; had always been very very hard. The odds have always been against you.

What this actress has endured is awful of course but I mostly have to laugh at the people attacking her, who 1) claim theatre is "woke" now (now?!), exposing their ignorance and lack of knowledge of the history of live performance 2) have grown up on the Baz/Leo/Claire Danes edition and believe that's the OG/definitive R+J (lmfao) and 3) perhaps the biggest group of all, are all pissy that this play is "holding him back" from making the next Spider-Man movie ASAP and never, ever, ever would've given this production the time of day if Tom Holland wasn't in it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, filmlover said:

What this actress has endured is awful of course but I mostly have to laugh at the people attacking her, who 1) claim theatre is "woke" now (now?!), exposing their ignorance and lack of knowledge of the history of live performance 2) have grown up on the Baz/Leo/Claire Danes edition and believe that's the OG/definitive R+J (lmfao) and 3) perhaps the biggest group of all, are all pissy that this play is "holding him back" from making the next Spider-Man movie ASAP and never, ever, ever would've given this production the time of day if Tom Holland wasn't in it.

There also seem to be people who think this production is a movie, plus the ones engaging in colorism, who say they don't mind that she's Black but keep suggesting alternatives who aren't dark skinned. And who's going to tell them the actual OG Juliet performers were men in drag?

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

There also seem to be people who think this production is a movie, plus the ones engaging in colorism, who say they don't mind that she's Black but keep suggesting alternatives who aren't dark skinned. And who's going to tell them the actual OG Juliet performers were men in drag?

What's hilarious is that the '96 R+J also portrayed Mercutio as a black drag queen. What about the versions that don't?!

Also just considering Baz's exercises in style over substance as the definitive take on...well, anything lol. Austin Butler, you will always be famous!

• Like 2

be honest if i was a producer I would just cast Zendaya with Tom Holland even if the film made is not the best. 

Seems an easy way to make money, zoomers would flock to watch that in droves.

Be easy 100 million hit domestic. 

but yeah people need to chill out over casting, if you dont find the film interesting go watch something else :)

Edited by Torontofan

12 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

be honest if i was a producer I would just cast Zendaya with Tom Holland even if the film made is not the best. 

Seems an easy way to make money, zoomers would flock to watch that in droves.

Be easy 100 million hit domestic. 

The Romeo + Juliet Holland is starring in (and has been at the center of all this drama) is not a movie, it's a play adaptation on London's West End that runs from next month to early August (with rumors that it might be coming to Broadway afterwards due to tickets selling out fast, almost certainly due to Holland's presence). So I hope the Internet is ready to deal with potentially waiting for Spider-Man 4 a little bit longer if that piece of news ends up true.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The Romeo + Juliet Holland is starring in (and has been at the center of all this drama) is not a movie, it's a play adaptation on London's West End that runs from next month to early August (with rumors that it might be coming to Broadway afterwards due to tickets selling out fast, most likely due to Holland's presence). So I hope the Internet is ready to deal with potentially waiting for Spider-Man 4 a little bit longer if that piece of news is ends up true.

Oh it just a play ?

Lol the people complaining don't even watch plays lol 

Man people are dumb 

but yeah a romantic movie with Zendaya and Holland be a good movie idea thinking about hmmm 

Edited by Torontofan

Meanwhile, that actress and everyone else involved with this version is already having the last laugh if tickets sold out within two hours of going on sale. So powerful is that Tom Holland (also the chance to a see a notable film/TV actor live in person for a few hours, which tend to be among the more popular types of Broadway plays).

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Juliet is *also* supposed to be 13 years old in the play!

PROB-LEM-A-TIC!!!!

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 1