Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

These boards are the best and I love you guys and wow also sometimes a toxic cesspool jesus fucking christ

I like to think the thread got locked b/c grim felt sorry for the population demographics guy who I ethered

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

I like to think the thread got locked b/c grim felt sorry for the population demographics guy who I ethered

Imagine being any of the people talking about a Wrinkle in Time being "favored" because of "reverse racism." Fucking imagine that! It's unbelievable. Imagine thinking that. Jesus christ. What is wrong with these people? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Imagine being any of the people talking about a Wrinkle in Time being "favored" because of "reverse racism." Fucking imagine that! It's unbelievable. Imagine thinking that. Jesus christ. What is wrong with these people? 

On twitter I saw some folks scrutinizing the reviews for words that were too positive like "well-intentioned". Felt real, real good to slam that unfollow button

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Welp, didn't take long for The Wrinkle in Time thread to get locked again.

not surprising, first there was a conspiracy about the RT number, then there was a conspiracy about the conspiracy, then something about a grassy noll and fake moon pictures, and then the black hole happened and the thread got sucked into the void :P 

Just now, tribefan695 said:

I think we need to publicly address the fact that the majority of the behavior problems on this forum stem from too many people who should know better getting upset by trolls, not the trolls themselves.

What? That's not how it works.

Also, these people aren't trolls. They aren't. They 100 percent believe that shit. The entire ideology of half of our country is now "There's too many people who don't look like me doing things, must be political correctness." straight up. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

I think we need to publicly address the fact that the majority of the behavior problems on this forum stem from too many people who should know better getting upset by trolls, not the trolls themselves.

I totally agree and if i had any likes, i'd give one.  I mean the trolls are worse, but I still agree with your point

Edited by 75Live

I mean, its annoying and stupid, but its also kind of a first-world-problem, isnt it? Id rather have heated discussions about "reverse racism" then starving to death in some desert. Its like, we're all lucky to have been born in a place where we can talk about these things on the Internet and dont have to worry for our lives permanently.

Just saying lol.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

well its true and the same goes for black panther. I thought the whole success of black panther was because of "reverse racism" as you call it? I.e. because people like being represented when normally they haven't been. I don't recall the last time people celebrated a lack of black people.

Whether it's good or bad is irrelevant you can't deny that it is true, people are celebrating these movies for having "diverse" casts and producers.

Edited by Treeing Me Apart

2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

apparently making out in class is frowned upon...hmmmm

:winomg: 

49 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

the teacher had detentions written up for us but then decided not to give them to us

If you were in detention, you'd probably be making out more

1 minute ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

well its true and the same goes for black panther. I thought the whole success of black panther was because of "reverse racism" as you call it? I.e. because people like being represented when normally they haven't been. I don't recall the last time people celebrated a lack of black people.

Whether it's good or bad is irrelevant you can't deny that it is true.

Maybe it's just because it was a good movie ah fuck it why am I bothering to respond to your ass I hate myself.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/guidelines/

What is"flaming", and "trolling"?: Anything meant to be overly-provocative and/or intentionally disrupt the natural, civil nature of a topic or forum. If you have to be warned consistently for either of these, you risk being temporarily suspended or permanently banned.

Addendum on Bullying: Repeated and monotonous attacks or otherwise "hateful" comments about a person--whether they are a member of this forum or not--may be interpreted as bullying and/or trolling and therefore be subject to potential warnings.

In other words, feel free to share your opinion on an actor, but don't abuse that freedom with non-constructive subjective insults that have no relevance to the discussion and/or the forum and its purpose. We're not going to go on a witch hunt for everyone dissing actors or political figures, but please be as civil and respectful as possible when talking about real life human beings. They're people, too.

Trolling is a bannable offense on these forums. These clowns intentionally ruined discussion in the WiT forum. The staff should straight up ban them for causing this to happen.

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

What? That's not how it works.

Also, these people aren't trolls. They aren't. They 100 percent believe that shit. The entire ideology of half of our country is now "There's too many people who don't look like me doing things, must be political correctness." straight up. 

Maybe they actually believe it, maybe they don't. But we have to acknowledge that aimlessly shouting about it isn't going to add anything illuminating to the discourse nor do anything to stop it. 

It's just a movie. People will see it and form their own opinions on it when it comes out. The fate of Western civilization does not depend on everyone analyzing it free of racial prejudice.

3 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Dunno about majority but there are a lot of ppl here who get super heated about the same topics every week

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Maybe it's just because it was a good movie ah fuck it why am I bothering to respond to your ass I hate myself.

So, you don't think anyone went to see Black Panther because it features black people? The colour of their skin had nothing at all to do with the success of the movie. Nope. Not at all

Edited by Treeing Me Apart

1 minute ago, DAR said:

Could we not get this thread closed?  Thanks

Good idea. 

Whenever tree shares an opinion that is different from yours, let's close the thread. :) I agree.