Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

23 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

I hate writing a quarterly review performance on myself. 

yeah I never liked any of the review stuff.  It's all crap that never goes anywhere.  The whole make a game plan to get to another position that they won't let you get to anyway is just a waste of time.  Or the whole "where can you improve?" stuff.  in all my years and jobs, none of them meant anything or lead to any possibilities or a bigger raise or whatever

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

Warcraft should be required viewing for all aspiring filmmakers

I mean it is a great lesson in how CGI characters can end up far more realized and interesting than regular humans

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I think "field level" seats are overrated for pretty much every sport

for some yeah.  I had it for an Eagles football game once and there were bad.  Had to pretty much look over the players.  I had front row behind the dugout seats once for the Phillies and that was awesome.  I want to do it for hockey at least once, but yeah that is much better when you are higher up, as well

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I think "field level" seats are overrated for pretty much every sport

I dunno, I really like the ones way down near the field at Dodger Stadium (first 10 rows or so). What you lose in whole field perspective you gain in immediacy -- and you really feel the whole stadium around you. And there are other perks like food service and so forth. But yeah, it's not cheap, most times I've gone it's because I managed to get freebies from someone or other. (And I've only gotten those seats a few times).

Never really seen any other sporting event at field level so I can't really compare.

I usually want to get up and walk around for a bit whenever I go to baseball games anyway so I always just focus on getting in as cheaply as possible. I mean, I love the sport, but it's hard not to get restless when you're at a game against the Tampa Bay Rays on a weeknight in May.

• Like 1

Just now, tribefan695 said:

I usually want to get up and walk around for a bit whenever I go to baseball games anyway so I always just focus on getting in as cheaply as possible. I mean, I love the sport, but it's hard not to get restless when you're at a game against the Tampa Bay Rays on a weeknight in May.

yeah I almost never walk around when I'm at any game for any sport.  Unless it's a blowout then we may walk whatever arena/stadium a bit :P 

• Like 1

Usually I'm with someone so we just chat if things are slow. The one time I felt really pampered was when we got Dugout Club seats (a gift) with seat service. You just ordered off a menu as often as you wanted. 

Stadium Club is different but the game is almost secondary at that point. You have a nice vantage point higher up but the whole suite has a buffet, drinks, flat-screens with other games in action, etc.

If it's just me going on my dime, though, then I'll usually go Reserve -- pretty cheap but not the cheapest.

Edited by Trolltastic Tele