The Royal Tenenbaums (GOAT)

Fantastic Mr. Fox

The Grand Budapest Hotel

Rushmore

The Darjeeling Limited

Moonrise Kingdom

The Life Aquatic

Haven't seen Bottle Rocket or Dogs

I can divide these into tiers: the top 3 are all fantastic, the next two are very enjoyable, and the last two are meh

Edited by WrathOfHan

24 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

1. Fantastic Mr. Fox

2. Royal Tenenbaums

3. Grand Budapest Hotel

4. Rushmore

5. Life Aquatic

6. Isle of Dogs

7. Bottle Rocket

8. Moonrise Kingdom

9. Darjeeling Limited

imo

The Hulk isn’t in any of these movies... What list is this?

1 hour ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

Yeah, I understand those concerns. (tbh I haven't run bootcamp in years so I hadn't even thought of that as missing out). I guess my wants are more around regular updates to the laptop/desktop lines, so if this helps Apple streamline their development and make hardware updates more consistent, then I'm happy.

In terms of the walled garden, seems like the Apple Store has been headed that way already -- as long as indie developers continue to have easy and regular access to the Store, though, it seems less of an issue than I would've thought years ago.

But they don't  Apple is the absolute worst at supporting cross platform development.  In fact they do all they can to prevent it.  Going away from Intel, is in part, an attempt to stop it.

Requires to develop for iOS devices

1) Required to have an official business to have an Apple developer account.

2) Requires an Apple Developer account at $99/year to build and run iOS apps. ( In 2015 they started letting developers build and run on their device with limitation without an account)

3) Requires an app to be built with their xcode development system

4) Requires an app to be built and deployed on a Mac ( using something like hackintosh is a TOS violation and can cost you your account)

5) Apps can only be installed from their store.

This has been going on forever.  Apple chose to not support flash on iOS ( not entirely because of security concerns but because they were pissed at adobe releasing Adobe products on Macs after windows).  Adobe then spent significant resources creating a flash => xcode development system.  The day they released it Apple changed their TOS and banned used it.

Developing for an iOS device is a serious undertaking... both financial and time-wise.  It excludes many of the small developers.  That's why you see many app developers make the decision to support on or the other. 

It had been getting better. With hackintosh and/or bootcamp on the hardware side, xmarin and cordova on the frame work side, and Visual Studio and Unity on the development side we're as close to true cross platform development as we've ever been.  You can even do real time app debugging from a windows machine now as you have a Mac on your network as a remote build machine.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

But they don't  Apple is the absolute worst at supporting cross platform development. 

I should've been more specific, I wasn't thinking about cross-platform developers when I wrote that, I was thinking about the (small?) group of Mac developers that've been on that platform for a long time.

1 hour ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

Despite the (usually) lousy traffic, I always enjoy driving near LAX for this exact reason.

Yeah I got treated to that sight when I was in LA. Love watching planes land. Atlanta, obviously, has great views like that and its cool because 2 planes land and take off at the same time. I also love when outlet malls, parks, etc are next to airports or are in the flight path and the planes come in right overhead. Gravelly Park in DC, I literally lived there in that park.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Yeah I got treated to that sight when I was in LA. Love watching planes land. Atlanta, obviously, has great views like that and its cool because 2 planes land and take off at the same time. I also love when outlet malls, parks, etc are next to airports or are in the flight path and the planes come in right overhead. Gravelly Park in DC, I literally lived there in that park.

I've always loved this truly epic beginning to LETHAL WEAPON 3's freeway chase (starts about 15 sec in):

• Like 1

Get Out was really creepy. Liked it a lot. Not sure it says much about society or race life the director and others seem to believe, but just as a horror movie /thriller I thought it was solid and worked well.

I love that baseball's opening week and spring break coincided. I've had games on pretty much all day for the last four days. Watching the Sox and Marlins right now, and nothing will ever be weirder than shots in the crowd revealing longtime Yankees Derek Jeter and Jorge Posada with David "This is Our Fucking City!" Oritz. I had to pause and remember that the fandom rivalry doesn't always extend to all the players. :lol:

• Like 1