Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 hours ago, AJG said:

It’s not. The entire plot of it annoyed the shit out of me. Having a baby, not telling the potential fathers until the child is grown, and then putting them through some kind of hoopla before they can get some answers isn’t fun or funny, it’s cruel and wrong. Also the rest of the movie is as bland as it gets, and the musical segments all sound like karaoke rather than professional arrangements.

Also Pierce Brosnan singing

You’re just describing things that make the movie so great

• Like 1

I feel really sad for the cast. The reboot was actually enjoyable for the most part and you could tell that they were more than happy to be returning to these roles after being away from them for over 20 years.

Still, gotta hand it to ABC for making this decision, huge ratings be damned. It was the only viable option.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

loool what a dumbass. she had a sweet deal going.

Jesus fucking Christ how do you fuck that up?

No chance of another network getting it either. Disney own that show.

20 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

loool what a dumbass. she had a sweet deal going.

Probably expected nothing to happen because she popped off before and got a show.

So, I'll save my sympathy for other people.

Another thing about Roseanne was that international rights were fucked. 

Disney can only distribute season one, after that the distribution rights would revert to another company meaning international buyers would have to work out new deals. I’m guessing this made it easier to cancel.

Roseanne Barr has always been an unfiltered crazy lady but she's become more ridiculous and hard to defend in recent years. I checked out the reboot because I was always a fan of the show back in the day and liked it (despite the political stuff, which I thought was really overblown anyway) but she had this coming after that tweet. Just go back to obscurity and never return.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

This is seriously the funniest shit I've heard in a long time. Super curious how my mom will react to this :jeb!: 

Now who will Middle America champion now that this is off the air? Bad enough that everybody else in the entertainment industry already pisses them off and never makes stuff "for them" (even though when they do, like The 15:17 to Paris, they don't bother to show up).

• Haha 3

When is the last time a show was cancelled for reasons that didn't have to do with low viewership? Only one that comes immediately to mind is when HBO cancelled that Dustin Hoffman race horse show after one season cause of horses dying on-set.

Edited by filmlover