Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

You know what's great?

being the last player in your squad at like final 50 and then winning the game.

Even better, play 50v50, there being like 20 to 4 and the squad pulling the win

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pandamia! said:

We should make a thread similar to the franchise war thread but just for Star Wars.  Force all of the Sequel Trilogy bashing conversations to go there, instead of places like The Avengers thread.

I would to second this. And I would also like to propose anyone who types TLJ anywhere outside that thread, should get a time out. Not like a ban or anything, just, a time out. (Omg. I get it. I geeeet it. I got it the first time you said it.)

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 27/05/2018 at 1:37 PM, CoolioD1 said:

the fountainhead is a weird movie. everyone in it is, as the kids say, doing the most. the movie is very extra.

oh boy and today i hear a new adaptation is zack snyder's next planned project? that's the only way to top the goofy extra-ness of the vidor version.

I don't get the love for Dazed and Confused to be honest. It's decent but way off being one of Linklaters best. I don't see what everyone else sees.

Edited by Ranger Tree

3 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

I keep getting older...

:gold:

3 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

I don't get the love for Dazed and Confused to be honest. It's decent but way off being one of Linklaters best.

If it helps there's some stuff in the RTM thread from me and Joel M, who rates it as highly as I do, about why we respond to it so much. It took a couple of viewings.

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

:gold:

If it helps there's some stuff in the RTM thread from me and Joel M, who rates it as highly as I do, about why we respond to it so much. It took a couple of viewings.

I'll have a look Jake. I am a huge Linklater fan and his whole style of movies where it's just about spending time with characters rather than any meaningful development or plot etc. but I just can't connect with D&C in the same way