Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Apple has supposedly decreed that “every show must be suitable for an Apple Store,” meaning that it should all be the sort of things that a kid wouldn’t be scarred by. The story also says that Apple has specifically rejected “edgier fare” because of this

Welp that's still gonna be kid-friendly Hailee Steinfeld for you Han. 

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

8 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Hailee Steinfeld has a normal career. Move on, find a new slant.

5 out of 7 of Chloe Grace Moretz’s last movies went or are about to go straight to VOD, and 2 out of 3 of her future movies have yet to find distributors and are very likely to go straight to VOD.

Now that’s a strange career.

Edited by AJG
  • Haha 1

Here's what I don't get: if this is supposed to be kid friendly, why is the crew behind the scenes full of people who have pretty much made decidedly not kid-friendly stuff for their entire careers?

Edited by WrathOfHan

4 minutes ago, AJG said:

5 out of 7 of Chloe Grace Moretz’s last movies went or are about to go straight to VOD, and 2 out of 3 of her future movies have yet to find distributors and are very likely to go straight to VOD.

Now that’s a strange career.

I dunno Suspiria and Miseducation of Cameron Post are 100% theatrical and The Widow is pretty unlikely to go VOD given the names attached unless it's a disaster. And I Love You Daddy was obviously derailed by the whole Louis CK situation. 

5 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I dunno Suspiria and Miseducation of Cameron Post are 100% theatrical and The Widow is pretty unlikely to go VOD given the names attached unless it's a disaster. And I Love You Daddy was obviously derailed by the whole Louis CK situation. 

Widow has no names on it unless Maika Monroe and the director of Byzantanium just became huge stars. Cameron Post is theatrical (my mistake). The Snow White movie ain’t seeing a cinema screen in this reality. And I Love You Daddy went straight-to-PirateBay which may as well just be straight-to-VOD.

13 minutes ago, aabattery said:

When are they gonna put these Apple Series things out anyway. This is like the millionth one they've greenlit and I have not seen a single one see the light of day so far.

the only one i know about that actually exists and is released is that show where people pitch apps to gwyneth paltrow and will.i.am

• Haha 1

Just now, AJG said:

Widow has no names on it unless Maika Monroe and the director of Byzantanium just became huge stars. Cameron Post is theatrical (my mistake). The Snow White movie ain’t seeing a cinema screen in this reality. And I Love You Daddy went straight-to-PirateBay which may as well just be straight-to-VOD.

Neil Jordan is an Oscar-nominated director with a 35-year career and Isabelle Huppert is not someone I associate with straight-to-VOD movies either. I assume it'll have a fall festival premiere and if it's even remotely decent it should have no problem getting theatrical distribution. I Love You Daddy was scheduled for theatrical release and would've gotten it if not for the CK mess. 

Anyway the root of this argument is that Moretz is doing a lot of movies so I guess it's not surprising that some of them end up being VOD dumps. Not the majority though.

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

the only one i know about that actually exists and is released is that show where people pitch apps to gwyneth paltrow and will.i.am

They have a show that’s Carpool Karaoke but 30 minutes long. I know about it because whenever I click on YouTube video thinking it’s a new episode of Carpool Karaoke it turns out to be a 30 second preview clip telling me to buy Apple Music and I’m just like “you want me to pay for something that you can areadly get a free version of which also isn’t excessively long?” And I just leave it.

10 minutes ago, AJG said:

The Snow White movie ain’t seeing a cinema screen in this reality.

Amazon got 2,400 theater for Gringo the follow up of Bigger splash / Call me by your name not getting a theatrical release would be a bit surprising no ? Is on a hot streak.

Hupper do tend to get theatrical release.

13 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Here's what I don't get: if this is supposed to be kid friendly, why is the crew behind the scenes full of people who have pretty much made decidedly not kid-friendly stuff for their entire careers?

It worked out pretty well for James Gunn.

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

Neil Jordan is an Oscar-nominated director with a 35-year career and Isabelle Huppert is not someone I associate with straight-to-VOD movies either.

You think this matters anymore? It’s 2018, bigger and more stars and directors have gone straight to VOD multiple times. 

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Amazon got 2,400 theater for Gringo the follow up of Bigger splash / Call me by your name not getting a theatrical release would be a bit surprising no ? Is on a hot streak.

Hupper do tend to get theatrical release.

Huh?

I’m talking about The body shaming Snow White from Korea...

red-shoes-and-the-seven-dwarf.jpg?w=748&

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AJG said:

Huh?

I’m talking about The body shaming Snow White from Korea...

Not sure why I thought you had Suspira in that list (you do not have the slight mention of it).... Never heard of that Red Shows & the 7 dwarfs movies before.... I imagine that was the theatrical one in your 2 out 3 will go in VOD...