43. West Virginia

44. North Dakota

45. Kentucky

46. Louisiana

47. South Carolina

48. Alabama

49. Mississippi

50. Oklahoma

Man, I was born in Oklahoma (and spent my 1st impressionable year there)...and it's last:)...I even lived there as an adult for a few months, and it's actually a really nice place, especially by OKC (which is my birth city)...I loved the flat land and fast driving...and it wasn't expensive and the steaks and BBQ were great.

Is it my favorite state I've lived in - well, no.  But it's not my least favorite, either...and really, having lived in 6 states and visited 30+ (I think I'm at 32 now), what I find is that there are awesome things about every state - you just have to know how to find them and be willing to look for them.  I find the best thing about the US is we seem to be both 50 small little nations with uniqueness abouding, and yet one total people who will look out for you all the time, even if you're a total stranger...

This is a long way of saying people are pretty awesome if you let them be (and I won't limit that to the US - I've found the same from my European travels (and my recent mainland Chinese relative influx thanks to marriage:).  That's probably the optimistic part of me, but I like to be optimistic (it probably helps that I have never, and will never, go on Twitter, since that's the outlet for folks to show how not nice and/or stupid they can be in a sentence or less:)...I always find real life vs digital life tends to bring out the best in people...so I try to live more there than here:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Pandamia! said:

I mean I’m just thinking along the lines of “Do I like Oklahoma?  No it sucks, last.”  Of course it’ll be messy, it’s an out of the hurt opinion like 60% of the things I post (and that percent is also out of the butt)

Spoiler

I know it's just opinion, that's fine. Just stating my opinion that it doesnt make any sense, especially if the livability of the cities is a big factor. The thing I've realized is rankings are very subjective, even rankings such as education, safety, COL, and income. There's great livable cities everywhere, like you said it's the rural areas that drag everything down and they're what really makes the difference.

You put GA 16th, NC 28th, and SC 47th, but really the three are not that different. I'm also amazed at the fact that you'd put SC below even WV, CT, and IL. SC's rural areas hurt, but Charleston, Greenville, Columbia, Rock Hill, Bluffton, etc are some the best places you'd find in terms of livability, and their growth shows it.

SC's cities can lack the proper exposure because of the annex laws. Greenville, SC has a population of 68k and Greensboro, NC has 290k, but in reality Greenville is larger/the same size, making it the 3rd largest city in the Carolinas, not the 19th.

Charleston has been voted #1 in the country and in the world and has been one of the fastest growing metros in migration, degree attainment, tech jobs, millennials, etc. You have CA 5th, but if you compare, Charleston does better than basically any city in CA that's not in the Bay Area in most metrics. Greenville as well has been getting high marks, even John Krasinski was here last week to see a play, so random. I don't really agree with their rankings either, but USNW ranked Houston 26th best place to live and Greenville 31st. Another website ranked Gville 9th for millennials and Forbes ranked Gville the 6th best metro for engineers. Even for a state that's stigmatized as having a bunch of lazy fat people, USA Today said Gville had the 3rd best urban trail. SmartAsset just put Columbia 2nd for net millenial growth, behind Seattle, and was named the 3rd best college town by Livability. 

Basically what I'm saying is states are not equal across the board and many of these states aren't what you think they are. It's the cities that prop them up and rural areas that drag them down, depending on whether the rural areas range from bad to really bad. It's your opinion, but I don't get having SC so far below at the bottom compared to NC and GA. The 3 states are very, very similar and there is a few things that SC does better than both, even politics (NC passed HB2, SC shot it down, GA gop threatened Delta, SC would never threaten BMW). If you can handle TX you can handle SC, unless you just love cities that have 3 million people.

I brought up SC but the same goes for a lot of those red states towards the lower end vs the blue states towards the higher end. State color doesn't tell the whole story.

Tagging so folks don't have scroll though my rambles.

• Like 2

Yall are constantly disappointing me. I keep reading "Set it Up" as "Set it Off", thinking this forum has appreciated the Queen Latifah gangsta goodness. Nope.

Edited by Jandrew

Trying to plan out my Stan movies for each month

July - Mamma Mia, no question here

August - Either ALPHA of Christopher Robin.  Tough one there

September - Slim pickings here, not sure yet.  Maybe that modern telling of Little Women.

October - VENOM!  (But honestly I may just stan the whole month, it all looks glorious, even The Jungle Book’s Darkest Telling looks like a hoot in an ironic way)

November - Bohemian Rhapsody and Nutcracker are OUT, can’t stan an ex-Singer movie or Freeman, it’s against the law.  That means RBtI:WR2 is the only option!

December - I would say Bumblebee, but Han’s already covering it.  Mortal Engines is a guaranteed bombs away.  Alita will be swarmed by the Cameronites, so cant touch that.  Marwen looks like trash.  I’ve already stabbed I2 and will stan Venom, so I can’t stan Aquaman as that’d be three superhero movies in one year. 

So that means I can only stan the two Mary movies.  Will decide which one later, don’t know if Queen Saoirse or Queen Blunt will get my pick.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jandrew said:
  Hide contents

I know it's just opinion, that's fine. Just stating my opinion that it doesnt make any sense, especially if the livability of the cities is a big factor. The thing I've realized is rankings are very subjective, even rankings such as education, safety, COL, and income. There's great livable cities everywhere, like you said it's the rural areas that drag everything down and they're what really makes the difference.

You put GA 16th, NC 28th, and SC 47th, but really the three are not that different. I'm also amazed at the fact that you'd put SC below even WV, CT, and IL. SC's rural areas hurt, but Charleston, Greenville, Columbia, Rock Hill, Bluffton, etc are some the best places you'd find in terms of livability, and their growth shows it.

SC's cities can lack the proper exposure because of the annex laws. Greenville, SC has a population of 68k and Greensboro, NC has 290k, but in reality Greenville is larger/the same size, making it the 3rd largest city in the Carolinas, not the 19th.

Charleston has been voted #1 in the country and in the world and has been one of the fastest growing metros in migration, degree attainment, tech jobs, millennials, etc. You have CA 5th, but if you compare, Charleston does better than basically any city in CA that's not in the Bay Area in most metrics. Greenville as well has been getting high marks, even John Krasinski was here last week to see a play, so random. I don't really agree with their rankings either, but USNW ranked Houston 26th best place to live and Greenville 31st. Another website ranked Gville 9th for millennials and Forbes ranked Gville the 6th best metro for engineers. Even for a state that's stigmatized as having a bunch of lazy fat people, USA Today said Gville had the 3rd best urban trail. SmartAsset just put Columbia 2nd for net millenial growth, behind Seattle, and was named the 3rd best college town by Livability. 

Basically what I'm saying is states are not equal across the board and many of these states aren't what you think they are. It's the cities that prop them up and rural areas that drag them down, depending on whether the rural areas range from bad to really bad. It's your opinion, but I don't get having SC so far below at the bottom compared to NC and GA. The 3 states are very, very similar and there is a few things that SC does better than both, even politics (NC passed HB2, SC shot it down, GA gop threatened Delta, SC would never threaten BMW). If you can handle TX you can handle SC, unless you just love cities that have 3 million people.

I brought up SC but the same goes for a lot of those red states towards the lower end vs the blue states towards the higher end. State color doesn't tell the whole story.

Tagging so folks don't have scroll though my rambles.

That’s fair, but SC was also the first state to secede so that’s a no go for me (and again, my ranking isn’t meant to be taken to seriously lol.  It’d probably look much different if I wanted to do a serious analysis)

Edited by Pandamia!

18 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Yall are constantly disappointing me. I keep reading "Set it Up" as "Set it Off", thinking this forum has appreciated the Queen Latifah gangsta goodness. Nope.

The overkill in that movie is still hilarious.

tumblr_llsfgfnDTR1qee5oyo1_400.gif

1po2os.gif

That ridiculous sad song they play over the top of this is what gets me laughing.

Edited by AJG

2 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

That’s fair, but SC was also the first state to secede so that’s a no go for me (and again, my ranking isn’t meant to be taken to seriously lol.  It’d probably look much different if I wanted to do a serious analysis)

Ok but what does 1860 have to do with 2018? No one here is trying to relive slavery, matter of fact Charleston just apologized for it and is building a grand AA history museum. And unlike Charlotte, Oakland, Los Angeles, Baltimore, and St Louis, Charleston came together after AME/Walter Scott shootings rather than trying to burn down the city. I know you're trying to be tongue in cheek, I just don't find that that funny. 

26 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

July - Mamma Mia, no question here

August - Either ALPHA of Christopher Robin.  Tough one there

September - Slim pickings here, not sure yet.  Maybe that modern telling of Little Women.

October - VENOM!  (But honestly I may just stan the whole month, it all looks glorious, even The Jungle Book’s Darkest Telling looks like a hoot in an ironic way)

November - Bohemian Rhapsody and Nutcracker are OUT, can’t stan an ex-Singer movie or Freeman, it’s against the law.  That means RBtI:WR2 is the only option!

December - I would say Bumblebee, but Han’s already covering it.  Mortal Engines is a guaranteed bombs away.  Alita will be swarmed by the Cameronites, so cant touch that.  Marwen looks like trash.  I’ve already stabbed I2 and will stan Venom, so I can’t stan Aquaman as that’d be three superhero movies in one year. 

So that means I can only stan the two Mary movies.  Will decide which one later, don’t know if Queen Saoirse or Queen Blunt will get my pick.

July - ABBA

August - the BKB shark movie

September - Migos trailer music

October - :Venom:

November - King Arthur 2

December - Marwen Needs Moms

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jandrew said:

1 hour ago, AJG said:

The overkill in that movie is still hilarious.

tumblr_llsfgfnDTR1qee5oyo1_400.gif

1po2os.gif

That ridiculous sad song they play over the top of this is what gets me laughing.

Wasn’t it Tha Crossroads by Bone Thugs?

2 hours ago, Jandrew said:

Ok but what does 1860 have to do with 2018? No one here is trying to relive slavery, matter of fact Charleston just apologized for it and is building a grand AA history museum. And unlike Charlotte, Oakland, Los Angeles, Baltimore, and St Louis, Charleston came together after AME/Walter Scott shootings rather than trying to burn down the city. I know you're trying to be tongue in cheek, I just don't find that that funny. 

Again dude, it’s not serious, there must have been something there that you took personally.  Nothing was meant to offend, if you didn’t find something funny that’s okay, we don’t all find the same things funny.

2 hours ago, Pandamia! said:

Why not both.gif

I'm only here for Poppins because I love Emily

I actually don't like the original Mary Poppins.

• ...wtf 1

3 hours ago, Pandamia! said:

Ralph’s still a John Lasseter credited production tho

• Disbelief 1

4 hours ago, Pandamia! said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCoNwBCd7vhh0eXUMRXzw

IK it’s a superhero movie but Lord/Miller overrules everything.