Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

5 minutes ago, romancechemicalsWW12 said:

lol, what is the name tree supposed to derive from?  the main character in Happy Death Day is named Tree.  I don't see anything on the internet relating the name tree to a human name.

yep, that character is named after me. :) 

I'll let you into a secret, it is not my real name.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Also BCoop did not look happy when Malek won. Feel kinda bad for him at this point. ASIB peaked way too early.

My man Bale appeared to take in stride. Need more drunk Bale speeches tho

35 minutes ago, MrPink said:

My man Bale appeared to take in stride. Need more drunk Bale speeches tho

At least he's already got an Oscar to console him.

Also the fact Matt Bomer was one of the presenters tonight is making me sorta paranoid that my family and I's little surprise encounter/selfie with him at Disney may have inadvertently had consequences for both the film and TV sides of awards season over the year after and that everything came full circle tonight between Darren Criss completing his awards lap for American Crime Story and Rami Malek solidifying his Oscar glory. I knew at the time that he was directing an episode of ACS (cause I pulled up his Wiki page before he came out on stage for Candlelight to see what his upcoming credits were) but had no clue that his powerhouse publicist husband represented Bryan Singer (or saw his firing from Bohemian Rhapsody + husband terminating him as a client simultaneously right after our Disney vacation ended a few days later coming). Grandpa @Telemachos shakes his old ass head that he's never wielded such influence despite actually working in the industry lmao. I'd say both Malek and Criss both owe my family and I a personal thank you for our good luck wishes to Bomer and his future endeavors possibly and very loosely also becoming good luck charms for them but I don't want to say for sure unless I meet another famous industry figure (preferably at the most magical place on Earth around the holidays again) and see what cards fall into place not long after. Make it so, people of BOT! I'll even do this shit for free. You can't put a price tag on the joy of meeting famous people.

• ...wtf 1

30 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I am so angry at myself. I told myself I wouldn't use drugs yesterday. And then after I have a few drinks in me what do I go and do.

Two days in a row not good. Spent too much money this weekend...

Spending the money is the least of your concerns there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

At least he's already got an Oscar to console him.

Also the fact Matt Bomer was one of the presenters tonight is making me sorta paranoid that my family and I's little surprise encounter/selfie with him at Disney may have inadvertently had consequences for both the film and TV sides of awards season over the year after and that everything came full circle tonight between Darren Criss completing his awards lap for American Crime Story and Rami Malek solidifying his Oscar glory. I knew at the time that he was directing an episode of ACS (cause I pulled up his Wiki page before he came out on stage for Candlelight to see what his upcoming credits were) but had no clue that his powerhouse publicist husband represented Bryan Singer (or saw his firing from Bohemian Rhapsody + husband terminating him as a client simultaneously right after our Disney vacation ended a few days later coming). Grandpa @Telemachos shakes his old ass head that he's never wielded such influence despite actually working in the industry lmao. I'd say both Malek and Criss both owe my family and I a personal thank you for our good luck wishes to Bomer and his future endeavors possibly and very loosely also becoming good luck charms for them but I don't want to say for sure unless I meet another famous industry figure (preferably at the most magical place on Earth around the holidays again) and see what cards fall into place not long after. Make it so, people of BOT! I'll even do this shit for free. You can't put a price tag on the joy of meeting famous people.

tenor.gif

4 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

tenor.gif

Hell come to think of it Disney/Marvel finally got a Best Picture nomination for Black Panther this year too. Everybody wins.

Too bad Bohemian Rhapsody didn't turn out to be a much better movie than it did though.

Edited by filmlover