Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

40 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Honestly, it's not that hard. It's very clear who are the more problematic figures that try to instigate this kind of behavior. The Captain Marvel thread had people like Gamera and LaughingEvans using MRA speak, and were the main instigators to the Brie Larson debates. People like Pure Spirit were also citing conspiracy theories that Disney were the ones trolling it in order to boost awareness.

Especially once the thread got locked, you would think the mods would decide to put a suspension on the people who started this stuff and made the thread a dumpster fire in the first place. But they didn't. Instead, they didn't even get a slap on the wrist, and were basically allowed to roam free.

It's really not that hard to figure out who starts these problems.

Banning people for saying sexist and racist things is one thing.

Banning people for saying stupid stuff is another. 

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Looking back at movies from the mid 2000s, it seems that studios were spending much more money back them, and movies made much less at the worldwide box office than today. Does it have something to do with DVD sales?

Hellboy had a $66 million production budget and made just $99 million worldwide, I remember reading it was very popular on home video, and that's why it got a sequel with a $85 million budget. That's something we don't see today.

So if these new streaming services launched by studios work, could they start making as much money as they made with DVD sales during the 2000s? This could be good for us, right? They would be giving more expensive budgets and making more movies.

Home video used to be a giant cash cow for the studios, yes. Even with streaming services being successful, I don’t think they’d be able to replicate that, because the revenue has be portioned out among all the releases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

You thanked a post by a troll that was peddling ridiculous conspiracy theory. I am not sure how honest your are about this

Well, I am known to walk the fine line between intelligence and stupidity.

"Troll posts" are becoming so frequent that it's hard to know what is serious and what isn't...

Edited by Slambros

19 hours ago, Napoleon said:

The thing with activism is that victims of sexism and racism have all the right to be angry. But on the other hand, we can't convince people with anger and hostility.

There are a lot of people who act sexist and racist without knowing. They were raised in a sexist and racist society, they were conditioned to be that way. And these people can change if we are able to bring them to our side.

But we can't do that with anger. We have to be kind and loving. That's the only way. Because that's how the human brain works. It's science. Treating people with hostility will only push them away from us and from the message we want to send them.

But how can I tell a victim to not be angry? I can't. I don't have that right.

they are too insecure to change.  too expensive.  faith and love is on their side, they will never abandon their god

1 minute ago, Slave Animal Rights said:

they are too insecure to change.  too expensive.  faith and love is on their side, they will never abandon their god

Faith, love, and, by extension, God, are not on the side of racism and sexism. Those who hate others for banal physical qualities must be mistaken

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Slambros said:

Faith, love, and, by extension, God, are not on the side of racism and sexism. Those who hate others for banal physical qualities must be mistaken

anyone comfortable in their beliefs usually has faith, love, and god on their side

people won't change

they wont abandon honor, god, country, values, guns or money/taxes

they wont unite for a liberal scientist doctrine without Christianity

they wont be wiser and they will continue to honor the dead or their families

Americans are mentally disabled terrorists