Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Have they made or bought anything since they sold off all of their projects in development (including Fair & Balanced) though? I read a thing in Hollywood Reporter that they've undergone a reboot of sorts so no more big spending like $60M on Vice (Why? How?) or the like I guess.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/megan-ellisons-moment-truth-inside-annapurna-pictures-reboot-1187446

The company just locked Miranda July's untitled movie starring Gina Rodriguez and Evan Rachel Wood (also with Plan B producing). 

I have no idea what that is. Also they apparently had a hand in distributing Creed II????

42 minutes ago, Morieris said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/megan-ellisons-moment-truth-inside-annapurna-pictures-reboot-1187446

I have no idea what that is. Also they apparently had a hand in distributing Creed II????

Annapurna and MGM have a deal where they distribute their movies together, and Creed II was one of them.

Edited by CoolEric258

I rewatched Roma and I have zero doubts anymore that The Favourite is by far the better movie of the BP nominees. A Star Is Born probably rose to second too.

I mean... I was very impressed by the direction and photography the first time which made me dismiss parts but; the social/political commentary is shallow to non-existent, class inequalities are dismissed between the relationship of the two lady protagonists and also much of the film is a directional show-off/self-jerk of Cuaron without heavy substance or interest in the plot. It's still a solid 8/10 but nah.

Also, If no girl from The Favourite wins I will scream. Especially Colman. Close is amazing but she doesn't give half the performance Olivia does.

Edited by FantasticBeasts

2 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I rewatched Roma and I have zero doubts anymore that The Favourite is by far the better movie of the BP nominees. A Star Is Born probably rose to second too.

I mean... I was very impressed by the direction and photography the first time which made me dismiss parts but; the social/political commentary is shallow to non-existent, class inequalities are dismissed between the relationship of the two lady protagonists and also much of the film is a directional show-off/self-jerk of Cuaron without heavy substance or interest in the plot. It's still a solid 8/10 but nah.

Also, If no girl from The Favourite wins I will scream. Especially Colman. Close is amazing but she doesn't give half the performance Olivia does.

...and I think ROMA makes THE FAVOURITE look amateurish. So there you go. 😂

Saw Bad Times at the El Royale. I really liked it overall!

But the singing of the black lady really got on my nerves. She gave a really good acting performance but the singing ... oh god. I agreed with Chris Hemsworth at the end haha.

4 hours ago, Alli said:

It's just changing cultural tastes I don't get why people get so caught up in it. Most of those big movies in 1988 were star driven comedies, star power has declined a bunch in favor of franchise power, just the cycle of things.

I have had a bit of a wake up call tonight.

I had a psychotic episode this afternoon. and one yesterday too.

I was completely delusional and seeing and hearing people and things who werent there, and then it seemed like a sensible and rational idea to commit suicide.

I need to stop NOW because next time, I am going to die, or get very hurt, or hurt someone else. I hope to fucking god that I have the ability to stop using because after 8 months of treatment I'm still addicted.

I am fucking terrified that I'm going to kill myself.

Edited by Avatree
  • Sad 2

43 minutes ago, Mulder said:

It's just changing cultural tastes I don't get why people get so caught up in it. Most of those big movies in 1988 were star driven comedies, star power has declined a bunch in favor of franchise power, just the cycle of things.

I am not sure it is just cultural tastes, I think technological change could have something to it.

Home video make the sequels models obviously more interesting, before it the audience for the second was a bit more limited to the audience that saw the first one in theater.

Technology make it much easier for consumer to have a lot more information about the movie, making the power of the poster / marquee getting less and less important.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Amateurish in what field? Direction? Because even if you don't like the film I think production,costumes and acting were at least not amateurish...

I like TF. 😂 I was being a bit hyperbolic but in my view it’s a substantially lesser movie overall. But that’s okay that you disagree with me! :) 

• Like 1