Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Today is one year ago that my sister passed away.   I love her and miss her like hell.

It also taught me that there really are trivial things we worry about.   In the end it doesn't matter who won the game.   Or what movie or actor won what award.   What matters is the people in your lives and those of us taking care of each other.

• Like 12
  • Sad 9

3 minutes ago, DAR said:

Today is one year ago that my sister passed away.   I love her and miss her like hell.

It also taught me that there really are trivial things we worry about.   In the end it doesn't matter who won the game.   Or what movie or actor won what award.   What matters is the people in your lives and those of us taking care of each other.

:therethere:

• Like 1

The thing with activism is that victims of sexism and racism have all the right to be angry. But on the other hand, we can't convince people with anger and hostility.

There are a lot of people who act sexist and racist without knowing. They were raised in a sexist and racist society, they were conditioned to be that way. And these people can change if we are able to bring them to our side.

But we can't do that with anger. We have to be kind and loving. That's the only way. Because that's how the human brain works. It's science. Treating people with hostility will only push them away from us and from the message we want to send them.

But how can I tell a victim to not be angry? I can't. I don't have that right.

• Like 2

Cobie Smulders To Headline ABC’s Pilot ‘Stumptown’ Inspired By Graphic Novels

Avengers co-star Cobie Smulders is returning to network television while staying in the world of comic book adaptations as the lead of Stumptown, ABC’s drama pilot  from writer Jason Richman, Ruben Fleischer and ABC Studios.

Written by Richman, Stumptown is inspired by the graphic novels published by Oni Press. It follows Dex Parios (Smulders), a strong, assertive, and unapologetically sharp-witted Army veteran working as a P.I. in Portland, OR. With a complicated personal history and only herself to rely on, she solves other people’s messes with a blind eye toward her own.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/cobie-smulders-star-stumptown-abc-pilot-inspired-by-graphic-novels-1202565119/

Anyone here read Stumpdown?  Any good?

Acc Wikipedia it was nominated for the Eisner Award

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stumptown_(comics)

Onibk_397.jpg

2 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Without Comic Book movies, this forum would be pretty dead. 

A non-funny book movie (Green Book) has been dominating the conversation for the past day and a horror movie is about to get most of the attention in less than a month, so...

• Like 1