Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Between the constant putdowns of smaller movies and their box office, the same dudes turning every topic into "let's bash political correctness/snowflakes", posters with 10 posts starting to overrun topics, and the awful political takes from a bunch of Bernie bros and dues not from America, I've been spending less and less time here, and it upsets me because I love these boards and for the most part I still love most of you people and consider y'all friends. I hope that we can turn it around as summer movie season approaches and primary season starts in earnest

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Between the constant putdowns of smaller movies and their box office, the same dudes turning every topic into "let's bash political correctness/snowflakes", posters with 10 posts starting to overrun topics, and the awful political takes from a bunch of Bernie bros and dues not from America, I've been spending less and less time here, and it upsets me because I love these boards and for the most part I still love most of you people and consider y'all friends. I hope that we can turn it around as summer movie season approaches and primary season starts in earnest

People need to start reporting shit (and by shit I mean the more blatantly obvious trolling) more often.

• Like 2

As someone who tend to loves the majority CBMs (I even love Suicide Squad), the damn toxic fandom from both sides has taken away any excitement I’ve had for them due to how childish they’ve been. The negativity has also plagued our boards and caused good members to leave or barely visit.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

People need to start reporting shit (and by shit I mean the more blatantly obvious trolling) more often.

Doesnt work. Mods seems to be happy letting people get away with obvious trolling, conspiracy nonsense and posts that would definitely derail the thread. 

Sorry don't you guys mostly turn smaller movie threads about political and social issue controversies? 

Most smaller film threads that really has blown up has been due to that, and not much about the actual film itself.

Either some #metoo issue, race and casting, some theme in the movie that is not 'correct'

Like you guys are being huge hypocrites right now for real lol 

Edited by Lordmandeep

6 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Doesnt work. Mods seems to be happy letting people get away with obvious trolling, conspiracy nonsense and posts that would definitely derail the thread. 

I mean from the mods point of view, I completely get how hard it is for them to monitor them now. 

Personally, I think either get rid of the CBM threads completely and for weekend thread with them only allow number discussion, or make a separate forum for CBMs whilst getting rid of them on the main forum. Maybe get rid of the fanboy wars thread too.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

Lol dont you guys mostly turn smaller movie threads about political and social issue controversies? 

Like any smaller film topic that really has blown up has been due to that? 

No? 

We get you don’t care about small movies. 

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

We get you don’t care about small movies. 

Yeah I am just saying that any of the threads about smaller movies that get significant traffic contain the same sniping and bitching anyways lol 

It just goes and dies much faster. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I would be content with Thanos'ing all but about 20 people on the forums and shooting the shit with them.

Thanos would be a purge of 50% of the users at random..

You are want to create your own collective circlejerk.

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I mean from the mods point of view, I completely get how hard it is for them to monitor them now. 

Personally, I think either get rid of the CBM threads completely and for weekend thread with them only allow number discussion, or make a separate forum for CBMs whilst getting rid of them on the main forum.

Honestly, it's not that hard. It's very clear who are the more problematic figures that try to instigate this kind of behavior. The Captain Marvel thread had people like Gamera and LaughingEvans using MRA speak, and were the main instigators to the Brie Larson debates. People like Pure Spirit were also citing conspiracy theories that Disney were the ones trolling it in order to boost awareness.

Especially once the thread got locked, you would think the mods would decide to put a suspension on the people who started this stuff and made the thread a dumpster fire in the first place. But they didn't. Instead, they didn't even get a slap on the wrist, and were basically allowed to roam free.

It's really not that hard to figure out who starts these problems.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Thanos would be a purge of 50% of the users at random..

You are want to create your own collective circlejerk.

Thanos should learn more from my example tbh, if he bothered to get rid of all the Avengers instead of purging 50% at random, his reign would last much longer.

I'm totally  cool with my own circlejerk as long as said people are facetious 90% of the time.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Personally, I think either get rid of the CBM threads completely and for weekend thread with them only allow number discussion, or make a separate forum for CBMs whilst getting rid of them on the main forum. Maybe get rid of the fanboy wars thread too.

1) Getting rid of CBM threads is not a good nor a fair option. Why punish those who genuinely are interested in good discussion and those who do not troll the other franchise. There are genuinely people like this on both sides (Talisman/Cax comes to mind amongst others). Why not punish those who seem more interested in trolling the other franchise rather than talking about what they like (people like Napolean). 

2) Making a separate forum does not eliminate the trolling. Its just like closing your eyes and pretending the problem doesnt exist. 

3) Such mess and trolling exist or happened in non CBM threads too. For eg. Ghostbusters and TLJ. Should we ban these too. 

IMO the moderation needs to be more stricter. Right now it is far too lenient and lets trolls get away by straddling the line. It is easily clear to anyone who spend rven a little time on the forum to see who these trolls are but moderators seem unwilling to do much about them apart from posting periodic vague suggestions that achieves absolutely nothing

PS: I dont mind the Fanboy War thread. It is funny and allows an outlet

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

I've only been on the forum about a year but yeah the moderation in the CBM/fanboy movie threads needs to be more strict. If a thread gets locked multiple times and is still getting derailed, warnings are clearly not enough. I mean the Deadpool 2 thread got locked multiple times. Deadpool!?

Having to shift through pages of nonsense to find one post about some pre-sales (thank goodness the tracking thread isn't as bad) is rather annoying. It would help if people didn't respond to trolls but that is a problem with the internet/social media in general. 

Also the international/china section seems much better for box office related stuff. 

• Like 1