Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

5 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

submitted my application to Miami (of Ohio) 

just gonna be holding my breath till i (hopefully) receive an acceptance letter   

Go Redhawks

2 hours ago, MrPink said:

People who don't have cooks and maids and are too lazy to make breakfast.

Or dinner 

2 hours ago, YourMother said:

Oreo Pancakes are great.

I prefer M&M pancakes

1 hour ago, ACSlater said:

I am buying pizza for the whole building

What? that was you? :ohmyzod:thank you

Edited by Darth Suburious
  • Like 1

@WrathOfHan @Ethan Hunt Etc

It's easy to stress about majors because it feels really important and momentous and life changing. It isn't, really. Pick something that seems like it makes sense and sounds interesting and fun. Give it a shot. You can always change it later. Unless you're planning a career in something specialized, no one will really care what your major is anyway (and if you're gonna be a doctor/scientist/attorney/etc you probably already know it).

Somehow we all get taught that life is this straightforward path that you determine early on. It isn't. It's filled with twists and turns and misdirects and re-routing and detours: some are self-inflicted, some are intentional, and some are inevitable. Just set out to enjoy the ride and don't beat yourself up too much over it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I'm actually so fucking pissed right now and I don't know if it's worth complaining about at work..

So like 10 months ago when I first found out there was a Disaster Artist movie coming out, I called dibs on the poster. I put my name down on the staff poster request form because I knew eventually there would be a poster. Not only that, but nobody has talked about that movie more than me, and I've even been super annoying to the point of "oh... and that poster is MINE" 

Well today the theatre got its shipment of new posters in, and the Disaster Artist was one of them. I'm all hyped, and one of the junior supervisors texts me and says "too bad, I'm taking it home tonight. We aren't getting the movie. Supervisor previlage. Next time Dyl."

LIKE FUCK THAT SHIT. I HAD TOTAL DIBS FOR MONTHS ON THAT ONE! EVERYONE FUCKING KNEW IT, I PUT MY NAME DOWN BEFORE ANYONE ELSE AT THE THEATRE KNEW THE MOVIE EXISTED. LIKE WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT OF HAVING A POSTER REQUEST FORM IF IT DOESNT MATTER WHETHER YOU PUT YOUR NAME DOWN FIRST CAUSE IF SOMEONE ELSE WANTS IT YOURE FUCKED. LIKE NUH UH.

So basically, is that worth complaining about to management :lol: like I know it seems super petty but it really just pisses me off.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lor San Tele said:

@WrathOfHan @Ethan Hunt Etc

It's easy to stress about majors because it feels really important and momentous and life changing. It isn't, really. Pick something that seems like it makes sense and sounds interesting and fun. Give it a shot. You can always change it later. Unless you're planning a career in something specialized, no one will really care what your major is anyway (and if you're gonna be a doctor/scientist/attorney/etc you probably already know it).

Somehow we all get taught that life is this straightforward path that you determine early on. It isn't. It's filled with twists and turns and misdirects and re-routing and detours: some are self-inflicted, some are intentional, and some are inevitable. Just set out to enjoy the ride and don't beat yourself up too much over it. 

I AM DYING HERE DON'T LISTEN TO THIS OLD MAN.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

42 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Projector crapped out about 80% of the way into The Foreigner. Uuuuuugh. Never had it happen to me quite like this.

Waiting for them to fix it. In the meantime what I saw was pretty good at least, and actually started getting better towards the end.

One of my faves of the year.

4 hours ago, DAJK said:

I'm actually so fucking pissed right now and I don't know if it's worth complaining about at work..

So like 10 months ago when I first found out there was a Disaster Artist movie coming out, I called dibs on the poster. I put my name down on the staff poster request form because I knew eventually there would be a poster. Not only that, but nobody has talked about that movie more than me, and I've even been super annoying to the point of "oh... and that poster is MINE" 

Well today the theatre got its shipment of new posters in, and the Disaster Artist was one of them. I'm all hyped, and one of the junior supervisors texts me and says "too bad, I'm taking it home tonight. We aren't getting the movie. Supervisor previlage. Next time Dyl."

LIKE FUCK THAT SHIT. I HAD TOTAL DIBS FOR MONTHS ON THAT ONE! EVERYONE FUCKING KNEW IT, I PUT MY NAME DOWN BEFORE ANYONE ELSE AT THE THEATRE KNEW THE MOVIE EXISTED. LIKE WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT OF HAVING A POSTER REQUEST FORM IF IT DOESNT MATTER WHETHER YOU PUT YOUR NAME DOWN FIRST CAUSE IF SOMEONE ELSE WANTS IT YOURE FUCKED. LIKE NUH UH.

So basically, is that worth complaining about to management :lol: like I know it seems super petty but it really just pisses me off.

No, lol. :lol: 

• Haha 1

Much as I defend film critics, I don't see a point in music critics. Music is a much more personal thing and in this digital age, they don't really perform the best job at directing you to other music you might like and the only service they really provide is either inspiring smugness or pissing people off.

Edited by tribefan695