Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

17 minutes ago, CJohn said:

That is one random repeat for Morangos com Açúcar fucking lmao. It will tank so so hard.

I only saw the results of RAP and it did like 1.8 million people on average which is insane. 

Easter is a good excuse to fill the days with movies and repeats and don't waste precious original episodes of soaps.

To play Devil's advocate, all the other seasons already aired on Biggs. The 7th one is actually on air right now (the school version) :rofl:  Plus, it only lasts 3 months, so it's a pretty quick time waster. It probably won't do much worse than A Tarde é Sua or that horrendously flopped out attempt to repeat that Maria Madalena thing :rofl:

Yeah, RAP did 19.1% / 30%. On top of that, you had Primeiro Jornal doing 16% rating, Fama Show over 12% (highest result ever), NCIS over 10%, Bastille Day doing 11% and the Kitchen Nightmares repeat doing 10%. Those + RAP were the highlights. But there were other things - Jornal da Noite was crazy, the Monte Carlo Circus did very well, Mental Samurai did great, the new Marco Horácio show overperformed, The Da Vinci Code did great, Vida Selvagem did great, a Comedy On The Edge repeat did great, a Conta-me como És repeat did great... there were only a few disappointments: Just For Laughs, a José Cid concert that was taken straight from YouTube and almost the entire RTP1 programming :hahaha:

Yup, movies always work well on Easter. Jumanji is going to explode.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

To play Devil's advocate, all the other seasons already aired on Biggs. The 7th one is actually on air right now (the school version) :rofl:  Plus, it only lasts 3 months, so it's a pretty quick time waster. It probably won't do much worse than A Tarde é Sua or that horrendously flopped out attempt to repeat that Maria Madalena thing :rofl:

Yeah, RAP did 19.1% / 30%. On top of that, you had Primeiro Jornal doing 16% rating, Fama Show over 12% (highest result ever), NCIS over 10%, Bastille Day doing 11% and the Kitchen Nightmares repeat doing 10%. Those + RAP were the highlights. But there were other things - Jornal da Noite was crazy, the Monte Carlo Circus did very well, Mental Samurai did great, the new Marco Horácio show overperformed, The Da Vinci Code did great, Vida Selvagem did great, a Comedy On The Edge repeat did great, a Conta-me como És repeat did great... there were only a few disappointments: Just For Laughs, a José Cid concert that was taken straight from YouTube and almost the entire RTP1 programming :hahaha:

Yup, movies always work well on Easter. Jumanji is going to explode.

It was a rainy day and everyone is stuck at home. So everyone is watching TV. It won't matter what movie SIC had one the air, it would do well. 

Morangos Com Açúcar will be off the air in 3 weeks. It will bomb so hard sweet jesus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, terrestrial said:

Where you happy with the grade you got?

Yes, because it was better than I had expected.

We had been given a month to do it, and I procrastinated on it, then realized with two days to go that even reading all the papers I needed to read was realistically more than two days worth of reading (mostly because of the complexity of the subject). I skipped some of the readings, and ended up falling about one-third short of the required minimum length (~2,800 instead of 4,000 words). I also basically b.s.'d my way the whole "detailed experiments and expected results that could resolve the two hypotheses" part.

I also didn't have time to follow the instructions for submission. We were supposed to put it in a binder, and I tried at least stapling but with the attached references that wasn't possible. I ended up putting it inside a big sheet of paper and taping it together or something like that.

I was basically expecting to fail, or be given a barely-passing grade (D-).

Spoiler

I got a D. :hahaha:

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Eric Lightfoot said:

So TIL Modern Family's last episode is...in about 30 minutes. Honestly not sure if I'll miss much.

Another one to file in the “Is that still going?” folder. 

I finished Tiger King yesterday, and I'm still processing the sheer insanity of everything I saw. There's so much outlandishness converging at once that details that would feel hugely shocking in isolation barely raise an eyebrow in relation to everything else happening around them. I'm kinda surprised that it's such a big hit given that the only people portrayed in a sympathetic light are a few interviewees who have since severed ties with the main players.

7 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

I finished Tiger King yesterday, and I'm still processing the sheer insanity of everything I saw. There's so much outlandishness converging at once that details that would feel hugely shocking in isolation barely raise an eyebrow in relation to everything else happening around them. I'm kinda surprised that it's such a big hit given that the only people portrayed in a sympathetic light are a few interviewees who have since severed ties with the main players.

4 minutes ago, Cap said:

I remember watching Tiger king and texting my best friend going Ryan Murphy could not make this shit up. 

I just finished it earlier (and just got done watching Parasite again - it still rules) and I'm not surprised it's become so big. Shit. Is. Crazy! That said, I can't say I'm expecting much from a Ryan Murphy dramatization of this story, even if his previous "true story" efforts (both seasons of American Crime Story, Feud) sounded/looked like potential trainwrecks and turned out pretty good.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eric Lightfoot said:

So TIL Modern Family's last episode is...in about 30 minutes. Honestly not sure if I'll miss much.

My parents wanted to watch it, so I ended up seeing the whole thing. It was cute I guess, though it probably should have ended about 6 years earlier

2 minutes ago, Eric Lightfoot said:

It was cute I guess, though it probably should have ended about 6 years earlier

I'll watch it later but this sums up the series up well. The show had become officially stale once the Emmy love for it finally ended.

52 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I just finished it earlier (and just got done watching Parasite again - it still rules) and I'm not surprised it's become so big. Shit. Is. Crazy! That said, I can't say I'm expecting much from a Ryan Murphy dramatization of this story, even if his previous "true story" efforts (both seasons of American Crime Story, Feud) sounded/looked like potential trainwrecks and turned out pretty good.

The problem with a dramatisation is that the documentary had so much footage(even after a certain event) of everyone involved that a dramatisation doesn’t seem like it could add much. 

55 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

The problem with a dramatisation is that the documentary had so much footage(even after a certain event) of everyone involved that a dramatisation doesn’t seem like it could add much. 

That won't stop them from trying lol. There's already another miniseries with Kate McKinnon as Carole Baskin (great casting) in development.