Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

11 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

It’s hard to believe that the Maze Runner series ended just two years ago. It feels like the YA genre has been dead for an eternity, yet a somewhat noteworthy YA franchise ended only a few months before Infinity War was released. 

It would've ended a whole year earlier had Dylan O'Brien's injury not resulted in production being shut down for a while.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Eric Lightfoot said:

I honestly never realized how much I missed this stuff until now. At least we have something else to speculate for the next couple weeks.

Don't think it's much of a stretch to say whenever life finally returns to normal, all of the mundane activities of our everyday lives pre-pandemic is going to feel very exciting and "new" again. Already missing everything.

Edited by filmlover

Company that owns Regal says that they hope to slowly open again in June. Also sounds like they're another chain mad about the decision to send Trolls straight to streaming this week without much of a heads-up. We'll see if they refuse to show Universal's movies when they reopen.

7 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

It’s hard to believe that the Maze Runner series ended just two years ago. It feels like the YA genre has been dead for an eternity, yet a somewhat noteworthy YA franchise ended only a few months before Infinity War was released. 

I frickin love the Maze Runner series

Ok so I know people like to highlight the problems with Richard Jewell or American Sniper (which I still think are good movies despite their flaws), HOLY SHIT 15:17 to Paris feels like Tommy Wiseau was given a studio film.

I'm serious, it's that bad. Dialogue is just as bad is "so anyways how is your sex life", the performances aren't much better, and there's scenes in here that are so random and pointless it's like the bit in The Room where you watch 2 people give their orders in the coffee shop before you see Johnny and Mark.

32 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Ok so I know people like to highlight the problems with Richard Jewell or American Sniper (which I still think are good movies despite their flaws), HOLY SHIT 15:17 to Paris feels like Tommy Wiseau was given a studio film.

I'm serious, it's that bad. Dialogue is just as bad is "so anyways how is your sex life", the performances aren't much better, and there's scenes in here that are so random and pointless it's like the bit in The Room where you watch 2 people give their orders in the coffee shop before you see Johnny and Mark.

I think that's the only Clint Eastwood film I haven't seen post-Mystic River (yes, I even caught Hereafter and J. Edgar), and now you're really making me wish I had. I know we've got all the jokes about the guy just shooting the first draft and calling it good, but this sounds like it's on a whole 'nother level of unintentionally hilarious messiness.

1 minute ago, Webslinger said:

I think that's the only Clint Eastwood film I haven't seen post-Mystic River (yes, I even caught Hereafter and J. Edgar), and now you're really making me wish I had. I know we've got all the jokes about the guy just shooting the first draft and calling it good, but this sounds like it's on a whole 'nother level of unintentionally hilarious messiness.

That's the problem tho is that this isn't even like The Room where it's so misguided it's actually a pretty good comedy. Like, this is just embarrassing, because you can see what they were trying to do, it just feels so contrived, sloppy, and awkward. I'm not sure why I finished watching it to be honest. I just felt so bad for everybody involved the entire time.

And Eastwood's made some pretty good movies, it's not like he's a Tommy Wiseau or anything, so idk what the hell happened here. 

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

Subtle. 

I do not know anything about the case beside just looking into wiki.

If he did it, its disgusting. ‚Their own investigations‘ might be finished already

25 minutes ago, AndyK said:

How fractured Britain has become, we cant even agree what a bread roll is.:hahaha:

Same here, we say Semmel, Semmerl, Brötchen (=cute / small form of Brot = bread), Wecken, Weck, Schrippe, Brötli, Kaiser-(semmel, or Brötchen or), Kipf, Laabla, ... for mor or less the same thing

There are quite some more, differences can locally be the form, like the roll being round or more ... how to describe, more long in one direction than the other, if you get the gist. Like a very short Baguette?

If they are a bit bigger, Krusti,... 

They say we are the country with the most versions of bread, I think not one of those has only one name beside bread versions originating in a foreign country

edit: forgot to add: there is a decrease for the names, I think based on digital times

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Same here, we say Semmel, Semmerl, Brötchen (=cute / small form of Brot = bread), Wecken, Weck, Schrippe, Brötli, Kaiser-(semmel, or Brötchen or), Kipf, Laabla, ... for mor or less the same thing

There are quite some more, differences can locally be the form, like the roll being round or more ... how to describe, more long in one direction than the other, if you get the gist. Like a very short Baguette?

If they are a bit bigger, Krusti,... 

They say we are the country with the most versions of bread, I think not one of those has only one name beside bread versions originating in a foreign country

edit: forgot to add: there is a decrease for the names, I think based on digital times

We have German Xmas markets here, Bratwurst hot dogs are the best.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AndyK said:

We have German Xmas markets here, Bratwurst hot dogs are the best.

Ahh, haha, that is funny, some eat that with Sauerkraut... (on a plate with e.g. potatoes or...-) for the evening of the 24 December and eat ‚big‘ the next 2 days, others start at the evening of the 24 December to start big or only eat big at the 24th, if not inviting friends/relatives at the 25 December

what do you call the ‚short baguette‘-like roll for a hot dog? How to describe the difference in form? Stretched? enlegthed (is that even a word?