Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

For the first time in its history, California has issued a Hurriciane warning . Welcome to the wonderful world of Global Warming.

Fortunately where I’m at it’s just a tropical storm warning. Gonna be wild in a couple of days, not quite sure what to expect (my guess is basically just a heavy winter-type storm with gusty wind). The desert areas, San Diego, and Imperial County might get fucked though. 

• Like 1

So it looks like Musk stumbled upon a policy change so toxic that even many of his rabid supporters are in open revolt:

If I want to be fair, some of his sycophants supporters are trying to contain the radioactive fallout limit the damage by saying that the mute feature will be "enhanced" in unspecified ways, so what's the big deal?

But gotta tell ya.  It's sorta impressive in just how much Musk has attempted to kill Twitter and it still keeps stumbling along like an unkillable zombie.  Still don't think this would be a death blow but it'd be a major major strike against it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

So it looks like Musk stumbled upon a policy change so toxic that even many of his rabid supporters are in open revolt:

If I want to be fair, some of his sycophants supporters are trying to contain the radioactive fallout limit the damage by saying that the mute feature will be "enhanced" in unspecified ways, so what's the big deal?

But gotta tell ya.  It's sorta impressive in just how much Musk has attempted to kill Twitter and it still keeps stumbling along like an unkillable zombie.  Still don't think this would be a death blow but it'd be a major major strike against it.

It's because of the real time feed with Trending discovery. That's the key feature of Twitter, if Threads can get trending and search working, that will be the easiest switch for a lot of people. The breaking news aspect of the site is what keeps people around.

Personally, I've cut down on Twitter so much I barely even open the app anymore.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, dudalb said:

For the first time in it's history, California has issued a Hurriciane warning . Welcome to the wonderful world of Global Warming.

Hope the west coasters stay safe. I'm used to it in Florida, but your infrastructure is probably not prepared for the impact.

4 hours ago, grim22 said:

It's because of the real time feed with Trending discovery. That's the key feature of Twitter, if Threads can get trending and search working, that will be the easiest switch for a lot of people. The breaking news aspect of the site is what keeps people around.

Personally, I've cut down on Twitter so much I barely even open the app anymore.

Once I get my Bluesky invite (lol) I’m gone. 

21 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

I got onto Bluesky before realizing I don't know anyone there lol

Kinda useless for me until more people I know migrate there

I've been enjoying it, especially with more news and sports people on there that I followed on Twitter. I love love love how you can follow specific feeds. 

• Like 1