Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Two important things about that line: One, the reason it’s subtitled like that is because the character is speaking French, which means at least two different people had to write it down and look at it at some point. And two, I DON’T KNOW WHICH WAS WORSE, BEING ATTACKED BY LIONS OR DISCOVERING MY SISTER IS SLEEPING WITH MY FIANCÉ. What an incredible television program.

http://uproxx.com/tv/the-second-episode-of-zoo-featured-one-of-the-best-awful-scenes-of-2015/2/

3 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Two important things about that line: One, the reason it’s subtitled like that is because the character is speaking French, which means at least two different people had to write it down and look at it at some point. And two, I DON’T KNOW WHICH WAS WORSE, BEING ATTACKED BY LIONS OR DISCOVERING MY SISTER IS SLEEPING WITH MY FIANCÉ. What an incredible television program.

http://uproxx.com/tv/the-second-episode-of-zoo-featured-one-of-the-best-awful-scenes-of-2015/2/

https://io9.gizmodo.com/zoos-19-craziest-moments-including-that-time-ants-trie-1797213938

An amazing read. And stuff even crazier happened deeper into season 3 after they wrote that article.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Important: Apparently this is a real line from a real show!

y22b6ZD.gif

dog71.gif?w=650

DOG AMBUSH! THE DOG USED A PLUSH TIGER TOY TO LEAD THE DAD INTO A DOG AMBUSH. IN SLOVENIA! A SLOVENIAN DOG AMBUSH. THAT IS SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED ON TELEVISION. I CAN’T BELIEVE IT. I WENT INTO THIS EPISODE THINKING “WELL, THERE’S NO WAY THEY CAN TOP A TREE FULL OF CATS,” AND THEN THEY WENT AHEAD AND DID IT. WITH A DOG AMBUSH LED BY AN EVIL JACK RUSSELL TERRIER

• Haha 2

Saw II had my eyes rolling at it early on when it began like some CSI bullshit but by the end it grew on me somewhat. The scenes with people trying to survive in the house are weird because most of them are hateful assholes and/or dumbasses and they spend most of their time yelling at and chasing each other around which becomes really grating. But Tobin Bell is pretty fun doing a B-movie impression of John Doe and Keyser Soze simultaneously. Shawnee Smith is hot. Donnie Wahlberg is like Mark, if Mark had no charisma or personality whatsoever. Didn't see the final twist coming (well, I almost never do) and dug it. The jumpy editing is fucking ridiculous.

Saw III gets props for making the torture scenes legitimately nightmarish (if you're gonna go there, might as well go as far as you can). At the same time the revenge-centered plotline is unintentionally comical when someone is suffering ungodly pain right in front of the main dude and he just paces back and forth trying to decide if he forgives them enough to try and save them. Amanda who was fun and cool in Saw II gets reduced to alternating between weepy and psychotic. And it has no business being almost 2 hours long are you kidding me.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Saw II had my eyes rolling at it early on when it began like some CSI bullshit but by the end it grew on me somewhat. The scenes with people trying to survive in the house are weird because most of them are hateful assholes and/or dumbasses and they spend most of their time yelling at and chasing each other around which becomes really grating. But Tobin Bell is pretty fun doing a B-movie impression of John Doe and Keyser Soze simultaneously. Shawnee Smith is hot. Donnie Wahlberg is like Mark, if Mark had no charisma or personality whatsoever. Didn't see the final twist coming (well, I almost never do) and dug it. The jumpy editing is fucking ridiculous.

Saw III gets props for making the torture scenes legitimately nightmarish (if you're gonna go there, might as well go as far as you can). At the same time the revenge-centered plotline is unintentionally comical when someone is suffering ungodly pain right in front of the main dude and he just paces back and forth trying to decide if he forgives them enough to try and save them. Amanda who was fun and cool in Saw II gets reduced to alternating between weepy and psychotic. And it has no business being almost 2 hours long are you kidding me.

I didn't even like the first film all that much. Not interested in watching ANY of the sequels based on what I've been told story-wise.

• Like 2