Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

27 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

I was waiting for your reply.:D

So, what is your definition of sleeper hit? For me it is a film that does $100m+ purely on WoM. That makes it a little subjective. Let's take get out. I didn't follow it's run. How much was it expected to do 1 month before release? If it was expected to do $60m, is it a sleeper hit?

Sleeper hit:

In the entertainment industry, a sleeper hit is a title (such as a film, song or game) that becomes successful gradually, often with little promotion.

Something like Get Out got a giant over 30m opening weekend that didn't needed specially good legs to reach 100m, just 3.0x, it was already a big success around the second day of is release.

Edited by Barnack
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Would La La Land count as a sleeper?

Good candidate, took 51 days to reach 100m, the only element against it being a sleeper was how big the buzz was even before any audience saw that title:

10 biggest per theater of all time went it opened in 5 theater  :

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/theateravg.htm

7 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn Welp, while Only The Brave failed to captivate at the box office despite fantastic wom (good for Kosinski, he was due making an actually good movie after Tron Legacy and Oblivion... puts a little more hope on Top Gun 2), it looks like SIC got away with their little wildfires trick. Espelho de Água has been kicking the crap out of A Impostora at the ratings ever since the wildfires episode, and its ratings keep getting bigger - it even gets way bigger share results than Paixão :o (Then again, Impostora is Godawful, but it's still noteworthy)

Btw, I'm only mentioning this because I called EdA a flop the other day, so it only makes sense to say that it's now a success a week later :lol: 

Lmao the powah of wildfires. Maybe PRIS can do the same with Only the Brave :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1