Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

we're not talking about the shows here.  i've watched like 5 episodes of Pokemon in my life.  the card game was the shit though.

I don’t think I ever actually played the card game how it was intended.  I just liked to have the cards, show them off at school, and build teams and stuff with them.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, New Year New Panda said:

I still have all of my Pokémon cards.  Have some of the originals, but not in good enough condition to sell because I was a kid and didn’t realize you’re supposed to keep your collectibles in slivers and stuff.

I'm still not ready to talk about my 80's action figure massacre

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

From what I remember, the Digimon show was better than Pokemon. The characters in that show actually had arcs and backstories and things actually happened and developed. There wasn't some BS like Ash got in every season where he loses the big tournament and has to start all over in a new region.

You mean it isn't just the same character constantly learning the same lessons season after season?

behold: the Pokemon that can transform into fucking ANYTHING

250px-132Ditto.png

anything includes any Digimon ever.  can Digimon top that?  yep, didn't think so.

This is Deathmon and it can apparently shapeshift into the death form of any Digimon it KILLS which is much more badass.

Deathmon_cmon.png

• Haha 1

Just now, aabattery said:

This is Deathmon and it can apparently shapeshift into the death form of any Digimon it KILLS which is much more badass.

Deathmon_cmon.png

but Ditto can shapeshift into Deathmon if he really wanted to.  no killing required too.  much more efficient and peaceful.  there's enough violence in this world already.

Just now, DAR said:

I'm still not ready to talk about my 80's action figure massacre

I had a massive bucket of Star Wars toys, no idea what happened to them, figure they got sold at some point when I was around 12-13 as well.  They were all out of the boxes though, so even the older ones (no idea how old) wouldn’t have been worth too much.

but Ditto can shapeshift into Deathmon if he really wanted to.  no killing required too.  much more efficient and peaceful.  there's enough violence in this world already.

so pokemon is FOR WIMPS? finally we're getting somewhere.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I always kinda knew Pokemon was a crap show but it's what everyone was watching so I just went along with it.

I used to watch it, and then randomly, one day (probably when I was about 12-13) I had this sudden epiphany mid-episode that I was watching a really crappy show.  I had the same epiphany mid-Disney channel and Nickelodeon shows too.

idk what it was that finally clued me in, but I just turned it off mid-episode and never wanted to watch it again.

• Like 1

Just now, New Year New Panda said:

I had a massive bucket of Star Wars toys, no idea what happened to them, figure they got sold at some point when I was around 12-13 as well.  They were all out of the boxes though, so even the older ones (no idea how old) wouldn’t have been worth too much.

My parents would have likely kept some of mine.  But let's say I wanted to see what kept these figures together....by taking them apart.

They did keep some of my old Hot Wheels

• Like 1

latest?cb=20170331023731

Agumon Expert is a Dinosaur Digimon. It is a genius Agumon that has a doctorate in Digital Monster studies from Digital World University. The badge on its chest is proof of its doctorate. Though it is said that its degree was created by Agumon Expert itself, it certainly is knowledgeable about Digimon types and territories. Due to its peculiar accent in which it attaches "Gya" to the end of its remarks, it is thought to possibly have come from a distant locale.[1]

latest?cb=20090123194250

Fake Agumon Expert is a Dinosaur Digimon. It is a genius Agumon that has a doctorate in Digital Monster studies from Digital World University. It is said that its title is plagiarized from Agumon Expert. It is not as knowledgeable about Digimon types and territories as Agumon Expert, and instead it rather unscrupulously spreads lies, so caution is necessary. However, as only its feelings of rivalry for Agumon Expert are genuine, it is diligent in not leaving Agumon Expert any research ideas, in order to inconvenience it. From top to toe it is "Nise".[1]

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, DAR said:

My parents would have likely kept some of mine.  But let's say I wanted to see what kept these figures together....by taking them apart.

They did keep some of my old Hot Wheels

I think if I go back through my old stuff I still have my toy lightsabers (so an old Mace Windu one, Yoda one, Darth Vader one and Anakin one), all of my old Pokémon toys, cards and plushes and some other random stuff.

• Like 1