Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, filmlover said:

Image result for i don't know what i expected gif

every Insidious movie I've liked better than the last.  first Insidious is bad, second Insidious has a lame first two acts but has a great third act, and the third one is solid all the way through.  which means that Insidious: The Last Key will have a solid first two acts and a great third act.

Just now, That One Guy said:

every Insidious movie I've liked better than the last.  first Insidious is bad, second Insidious has a lame first two acts but has a great third act, and the third one is solid all the way through.  which means that Insidious: The Last Key will have a solid first two acts and a great third act.

Enjoy. I'm seeing I, Tonya tomorrow.

2 hours ago, AJG said:

We should enjoy this and next decade as the last years of theatralic moviegoing as we know it. Im not kidding, i mean that serious.

Edited by Brainbug

7 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

We should enjoy this and next decade as the last years of theatralic moviegoing as we know it. Im not kidding, i mean that serious.

No way to know if you are right or wrong, but that predictions was made many time in the past, specially during the 60/70s crash (caused by many things with leading major factor like TV and urban sprawling):

1200px-Percentage_of_the_US_Population_t

They were right that moviegoing (that was not just about the movie but also news for a while) never got back to anything close to is peak, but the downfall did stabilize to a very constant new reality.

Will the newest generation reject it or will they be so device dependant at home that it will be impossible for them to fully enjoy a movie (you often see them litterally using the internet and texting during a watch, even posting on message board like this one during a movie) at home and will prefer their experience in theater, easier and a bit more forced to give something their attention, maybe going out and dating will make a come back.maybe someting similar to 3D will happen again, maybe people will even go to theater to watch Game of thrones type of shows season finals.

Or maybe theater will take the next by capita step down and become more niche.