Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

15 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The main reason I'm bitching about this is because one person dropped me once the semester ended. We and another person were sociable in class, and everyone just cut off communications with me after the final grades came in. I've had other run ins with both of them at school, but they're always just "Hey, haven't seen you in a while!" interactions and we're off on our own ways. I never posted about this, but the other guy texted me about two or three months ago asking how I was and ditched that conversation after four texts. It really just hurt and made me feel that was a text meant for someone else.

Reveal hidden contents

There is no reason to take this personally in any way though. It is quite common and most of the times it is not intentional.

• Like 2

Adolescence is such a difficult phase...

I remember being insecure as fuck and constantly "bullying myself". I was always thinking that people didn't like me and was taking things too personal.

It's only years later i realised how wrong I had been and how people don't bite. They actually don't care that much about you in the first place.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Jandrew said:

IDK if it's a hot take, but it's at least warm. Spiderman 3, really, is not that bad. Gf's mom is watching it now and I watched it a few weeks ago. It was more emotional than I remember and the first act and a half is terrific. I think the symbiote stuff is when it starts to get hairy.

Peter getting his groove on wasn't "bad", it was just goofy. The Harry subplot drama was better than I remember too. My least favorite thing about the entire movie may be the underground train fight tbh. The CGI hasn't aged well, especially in the climax, but the movie itself has aged fine.

I still maintain though that the movie should've ended with Brock becoming Venom, and then we he lunges at the camera, cut to black, but it is what it is. It's not that bad. It's good enough where when I'm scrolling the guide, if I see it, I'll say "hmm, should I click select?"

Remove Venom and the dumbass Uncle Ben retcon and it's okay.

4 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

If those are supposed to be the smart kids, I don’t want to know what the other kids are into.

high school musical and Valerian 

:P 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

A lot of people in my AP class like Bright,

People have very low standards for a movie they watch at home or streaming really. I think that explains the rather positive scores online for the film. 

I watched it while doing some work at home, so I paid attention when stuff happened on screen, so I rate it a 6/10. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

39 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I watched it while doing some work at home, so I paid attention when stuff happened on screen, so I rate it a 6/10. 

If you would have paid full attention that score would have been much lower, you cannot imagine how little sense some of those set piece made.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Barnack said:

If you would have paid full attention that score would have been much lower, you cannot imagine how little sense some of those set piece made.

That is why I watch some movies and do stuff on my computer. 

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

?

Everything made perfect sense within the context of the movie. 

2 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

Han, you might as well go for it. The worst that can happen is you get rejected and end up being alone, feeling shitty and insecure about yourself. But you ALREADY feel that way, so might as well go for it!

Yes.  Go for it.  Watch Bright.

54 minutes ago, DeeReyEgonnnnn said:

?

Everything made perfect sense within the context of the movie. 

It made sense for them to go 

Spoiler

Go to the middle of a slamdancing crowd with the value of what they were holding and did not feel like the script just wanted them to be there (as most of the events felt to me ?)

Or Will Smith character shift of mind from needing to absolutely survive for is daughter, to oh well let just die in glory in this strip club did fell fully honest and owned ? Or just that the script needed him to care about is daughter to not care from scene to scene....

Most felt plugged in to me.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1