Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

all i'm saying is of the three movies i'd definitely go with the one with NO ice skating for sure.

It's NOT that bad, but nothing extraordinary. I can see why no major studio wanted it.  Margot is good tho

the best part of i tonya was when they do that annoying true story movie thing of

Spoiler

playing clips of the real people at the end and everyone in the cast got it on point except margot robbie who was waaaaaay off lmao. i get it's not an impersonation but why even show that otherwise? the only reason they do that in these movies is to be all "look how close we got!"

Edited by CoolioD1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

the best part of i tonya was when they do that annoying true story movie thing of

playing clips of the real people at the end and everyone in the cast got it on point except margot robbie who was waaaaaay off lmao. i get it's not an impersonation but why even show that otherwise? the only reason they do that in these movies is to be all "look how close we got!"

Spoilerizing just in case, but yeah, it was really weird (and off-putting) to see the exact same thing on back-to-back nights (watched DISASTER ARTIST the evening before we saw I, TONYA).

Also, while we're talking odd choices... as a filmmaker I get you want to maximize your Robbie-ness in a movie, but having her play a 15-year-old really doesn't help those scenes work early on. Not nearly the level of skeevyness we should be getting.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alli said:

I, Tonya and American Made are kinda following the same structure. I can honestly say that i enjoyed AM more.   :hahaha:

American Made is a lot more interesting stylistically as well. i tonya... is don't know. is there something about that scorsese fast dolly bit that tricks people into thinking they're watching a good movie? american hustle got away with that too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

A guy at work went completely nuts and freaked out.

Jumping on tables and yelling and screaming.

Its times like these I am thankful, I am in a country with gun control 

(sigh...) 

Did he want Szechuan sauce?

So, I posted on the forums again today. My last post before that was apparently in September 2014. I don’t think too many people will remember me, considering my rather low post count, but I’m back anyway. Hopefully won’t have another 3,5 year gap to my next post anyway.

• Like 6