Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

42 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Movie theater has a "Call It By Some Name" cocktail. Vodka, Pineapple Juice, Sour Mix and raspberry garnish.

Appropriately fruity, I suppose.

Shouldn’t there be some peach liqueur 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ACSlater said:

It's our first date night since all the shit and I will say here in downtown LA and just being a couple, this is perfect. 

And yea, we are the hottest couple. Totally doing the Richard Gere (older greying corporate guy) and Julia Roberts (younger hot yet good personality) thing.

So are y'all gonna start hanging out with the Dalai Lama?

2 minutes ago, Just Tele said:

So are y'all gonna start hanging out with the Dalai Lama?

The Dalai Lama is actually one of 2 religious leaders I have met in person. The other being Pope Benedict. Both were by complete accident. The Dalai Lama was visiting the Tibetan sanctuary in South India the same day my mom managed to get us a tour of the monastery, and my group of exchange students decided to cut in line at the Vatican and sit in the 3rd row at St Peters on a Wednesday which turned out to be the day the pope delivers his sermon in person (side note: We had just watched Euro Trip, so when the pope walked in one guy in our group went "Hey, some guy in a pope hat is coming over here" just before realization struck all of us)

• Astonished 1

2 hours ago, aabattery said:

Total Recall, more like Total Re-COOL. Good movie!

(The old one, not the remake)

It's an awesome film. Rewatched it last week. Had the privilege of seeing it in the cinema a few years ago, it holds up very well. Verhoevens sci-fi trilogy is amazeballs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Call Me By Your Name disappointingly has a lot more in common with Carol than the guy introducing the movie led me to believe

Huh? I thought everyone loved Carol. (Except me)

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

The Dalai Lama is actually one of 2 religious leaders I have met in person. The other being Pope Benedict. Both were by complete accident. The Dalai Lama was visiting the Tibetan sanctuary in South India the same day my mom managed to get us a tour of the monastery, and my group of exchange students decided to cut in line at the Vatican and sit in the 3rd row at St Peters on a Wednesday which turned out to be the day the pope delivers his sermon in person (side note: We had just watched Euro Trip, so when the pope walked in one guy in our group went "Hey, some guy in a pope hat is coming over here" just before realization struck all of us)

Are there any pointners? 

Darkest Hour, ehhhh. I'll give it a pass, but the kind of pass that Joe Wright should be hiding from his parents.

Not as bad as I expected, but Oldman wasn't particularly good. Pretty much every character in there has been played better in other movies/shows etc. There's so many good British actors who are fat and old, yet they go with the one Oldman who isn't fat nor that old. I don't get it! 

Looks nice though. Score was pretty good. Lily James cute. 

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

Yeah I just read that 

I really liked the 4 we got already though.

I watched the intro to one of the show and it said it's an 8 part series and I was like "wait, they are only showing 4.  what's up with that?"  :P

then I realized they probably will just release the other 4 some point this year 

It's always funny whenever the Oscar noms come out looking back at the films that were once supposed to be big deals. Last Flag Flying? Didn't even make $1M or get any recognition. Wonder Wheel? lol. Hasta la vista, Woody.

For all the mocking people like to make at @WrathOfHan for trying to make mother! happen in any way possible to the end (only to end up with Razzie noms), it shouldn't be considered "flop Oscar bait." Aronofsky obviously set out to make a very polarizing movie, and delivered.

Edited by filmlover
  • Thanks 1