Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

What is this?

They want 65% of Jedi profits from theater compared to the normal 55%-60% and it has to be in the largest auditorium for four weeks. If not, Disney raises the price to 70% of the profits.

Note: Although SW movies have always gotten 64% of the profit but the fact that Disney forces them to keep it in the largest auditorium for four weeks is kind of unfair.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

52 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Couple of tips on Barry Lyndon for whenever you sit down to watch it:

1. The intermission is there for a reason. Use it.

2. If anything at any point strikes you as funny, don't resist laughing. Nothing wrong with you or the movie, no matter how stately it might seem on the surface

Barry Lyndon was definitely a film I appreciated more than I liked. It's incredibly well crafted, but it can be a bit impermeable.

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I prefer college basketball to NBA but still enjoy both

nah, NBA has stunk for a very long time now.  It's a shame since at one point, it was my favorite sport and arguably helped to save my life.  But sadly, it's pretty much unwatchable.  Although I do check out the Sixers once in a while now that there is reason to watch :P 

but college basketball has always been great and still is for the most part

Edited by 75Live

Watched John Carpenter's Halloween for the first time today. I really dug it. Who knew you could make such an effective horror film without having to rely on gore or violence to be intense? :lol:

But seriously, I can see myself watching that film every October. 

• Like 3

Just now, Rorschach said:

Watched John Carpenter's Halloween for the first time today. I really dug it. Who knew you could make such an effective horror film without having to rely on gore or violence to be intense? :lol:

But seriously, I can see myself watching that film every October. 

welcome to the club.  It's why it's a classic and those that love it, really love it :D  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Barry Lyndon was definitely a film I appreciated more than I liked. It's incredibly well crafted, but it can be a bit impermeable.

Like most Kubricks it becomes richer and more rewarding when you go back to it. My reaction on first viewing was similar to yours, now it might be my favorite of his.