Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I get that the writers on Dynasty have the characters display some subtle racism on purpose, to add some level of realism, but it kinda makes all the non-white characters seem weak as shit. I have no idea why some of these guys choose to associate themselves with these white people as much as they do. It’s worse when they acknowledge it too.

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

The movie isn’t that hard to follow

Lies!!!!!!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=5272903

Theres no narrative going on here, it’s 2 people getting into accidents and then getting themselves out of them with a tag at the end of each scene to loosely connect it the plot that only seems to kick in the last 20 minutes revolving around a character that disappears 30 minutes into the movie, is barely mentioned since then, and now I’m supposed to remember his existence at the end of the movie on top of the Rick and Morty sci-fi logic that Rick and Morty can actually explain to me properly, and the other random characters that seem to just come and go with no mention? This movie is a mess. It’s all over the place. It’s more interested in showing off its CG worlds than solving it’s mystery, I can actually demonstrate all of this with one scene: “Everyone we have to go to the underwater world with a random man we never see again in order to retrieve a jellyfish off the back of massive creature in order to use its magic jellyfish power to see into the memories of my friend that got into an accident in the hopes of getting him out of that accident”. 

Also Dane Dehaan is the absolute worst and must be stopped. How is he getting work out here? Who keeps allowing this?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AJG said:

Lies!!!!!!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=5272903

Theres no narrative going on here, it’s 2 people getting into accidents and then getting themselves out of them with a tag at the end of each scene to loosely connect it the plot that only seems to kick in the last 20 minutes revolving around a character that disappears 30 minutes into the movie, is barely mentioned since then, and now I’m supposed to remember his existence at the end of the movie on top of the Rick and Morty sci-fi logic that Rick and Morty can actually explain to me properly, and the other random characters that seem to just come and go with no mention? This movie is a mess. It’s all over the place. It’s more interested in showing off its CG worlds than solving it’s mystery, I can actually demonstrate all of this with one scene: “Everyone we have to go to the underwater world with a random man we never see again in order to retrieve a jellyfish off the back of massive creature in order to use its magic jellyfish power to see into the memories of my friend that got into an accident in the hopes of getting him out of that accident”. 

Also Dane Dehaan is the absolute worst and must be stopped. How is he getting work out here? Who keeps allowing this?

I didn't find it hard to follow at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, AJG said:

Lies!!!!!!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=5272903

At first I thought you guys were talking about A New Hope and I was about to go all dark side on you.

• Like 1