aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

5 hours ago, The Last baumer said:

not that my opinion matters on Thor very much but I pretty much hated this movie right up until the final 10 minutes.

3/10

This has been my response to almost all the MCU films. I tell myself to shut up and enjoy the movie but I keep seeing the same formula. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

If an Avengers sequel made those numbers it would definitely be a failure 

As a Marvel and DC fan a Thor film making those numbers is great but Justice League making those numbers (which is likely) is disappointing. 

• Disbelief 1

2 hours ago, YourMother said:

No response for Jedi, PRU, Maze Runner, Justice League or New Mutants, which was strange.

The PRU trailer I saw with Ragnarok is a truly abysmal piece of big budget movie marketing. They literally could have just shown a black background with the words "We don't give two shits about making this look appealing to domestic audiences" flashing for 2 minutes and it would not have been any less effective. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

Friday 3rd update, 11:10PM: When Marvel boss Kevin Feige announced the title for the third Thor back in October 2014, he said that Ragnarok meant “the end of all things”. When it comes to this weekend’s box office, Thor: Ragnarok isn’t the end of anything, rather the beginning of the holiday season for exhibitors. Let their share prices soar. According to latenight ticket sales right now, Thor: Ragnarok has clocked a $46M opening day (including $14.5M previews) and is flying toward an opening between $115M-$120M at 4,080 theaters, the 7th best opening in November, and the 9th title to open north of $100M for the month.

• Like 3

Unless Justice League is catastrophically bad, which based on somewhat early word, it’s at worst looking to be decent, it’s clearing a billion worldwide. Wonder Woman cleared $820 million worldwide. Now add in the rest of the gang (plus Cyborg, for any fans he may have out there). It will be in the billion dollar club and probably fairly quickly. 

Edited by DealWithIt