Impact

2012-Best Actress thread!

Chastain's Gold Derby odds went up from 100/1 to 25/1 or as much as Helen Mirren's chances and right below the old lady from Amour.

I think that the movie will be too much of an ensemble for her to get in, but then again she is a previous nominee, the right age, and in the academy's eyes fuckable so it's not too far fetched to predict her. However some people are totally going looney and predicting Chastain to challenge Lawrence for the Oscar which isn't happening. I do think that Lawrence will get a serious challenger as her role is too borderline I think for her to win with no obstacles in her way, but I doubt it 'll be another borderline performance in an ensemble movie.

Wait which Rich is obessessed with Amour?

That'd be me... :lol: I was just confused cus a lot of people use Ric for me, and Rich for RichWS...... But, definitely, now that I've deluded myself into thinking Riva could win....... I'll admit I'm way too sold on Amour, but I did meet someone the other day who thought that Trintignant could get it. I think that the Academy's really gonna jump about the Amour train, but not to the point of Trintignant. I'm thinking that Amour could also get a below the line nom, maybe editing.

I think that the movie will be too much of an ensemble for her to get in, but then again she is a previous nominee, the right age, and in the academy's eyes fuckable so it's not too far fetched to predict her. However some people are totally going looney and predicting Chastain to challenge Lawrence for the Oscar which isn't happening. I do think that Lawrence will get a serious challenger as her role is too borderline I think for her to win with no obstacles in her way, but I doubt it 'll be another borderline performance in an ensemble movie.

Rumour has it Chastain is the lead. So predictions aren`t so far fetched though they are widely supported by Lawrence haters (Crone and her cronies).

Rumour has it Chastain is the lead. So predictions aren`t so far fetched though they are widely supported by Lawrence haters (Crone and her cronies).

Chastain's already been confirmed lead by a studio source. I'm not saying she's unlikely to get in, I just don't think so as of now, but we'll see.

The thing bothering me about the Chastain bandwagon is we don't even know how meaty her role is. And the full trailer doesn't help. I mean, watch it - Chastain doesn't even say a single word during the entire thing. And it's not like she's busy being emotional, either. Literally all she does is walk around, stand around and stare around. Then she puts her hands on her face and another character calls her confident. Yeah, that's an Oscar-winning performance right there.Don't get me wrong, I don't want to jump to conclusions, I'm not one to judge something based on a 2-minute snippet and I like Chastain a lot, but surely if there was anything award-worthy about her work in ZDT, anything at all, Sony would have included at least a little bit of it in the trailer? But no, now she gets moved in the lead actress field and all of a sudden she's major competition to the frontrunner just because what? She's respected and had a good previous year? To me, it's ridiculous. And even if her acting is great, but too subtle and with no show-stopping moments (like Jeremy Renner in THL), she won't win either because performances like that almost never win.

• Like 1

The thing bothering me about the Chastain bandwagon is we don't even know how meaty her role is. And the full trailer doesn't help. I mean, watch it - Chastain doesn't even say a single word during the entire thing. And it's not like she's busy being emotional, either. Literally all she does is walk around, stand around and stare around. Then she puts her hands on her face and another character calls her confident. Yeah, that's an Oscar-winning performance right there.Don't get me wrong, I don't want to jump to conclusions, I'm not one to judge something based on a 2-minute snippet and I like Chastain a lot, but surely if there was anything award-worthy about her work in ZDT, anything at all, Sony would have included at least a little bit of it in the trailer? But no, now she gets moved in the lead actress field and all of a sudden she's major competition to the frontrunner just because what? She's respected and had a good previous year? To me, it's ridiculous. And even if her acting is great, but too subtle and with no show-stopping moments (like Jeremy Renner in THL), she won't win either because performances like that almost never win.

It`s very possible that they aren`t trying to sell the movie on her name cause she is no star. the star here is Bin Laden kill. But since they are going to campaign her, it`s possible that the role is meatier than meets the eye.