Impact

Best Supporting Actor-2012

The Master is fading but it`s likelier that Phoenix will be the victim than PSH. Harvey has Cooper who`s gaining momentum and didn`t talk shit about Oscar process (well, Phoenix`s technically right but that doesn`t help his chances). OTOH, Harvey has several candiates to choose from and neither seems as stable as PSH - there`s obviously a split among critics which Django actor is a standout among 3 oft-mentioned standouts (NYCC went with Waltz, NBR with Leo while some consider SLJ to trump them all) and DeNiro is yet to make a showing with precursors though he is in pundit`s conversation.Also, it isn`t unusual for Harvey to have more than 1 contender per category so he`ll likely try hard to push PSH, DeNiro and one of Django actors. However, between Waltz, Leo and SLJ, Waltz has no shot at winning, so it`s going to be Leo or SLJ unless critcs push so hard for Waltz that it makes no sense to push ones with weaker support.

Edited by fishnets

With Leo back in I have trouble seeing anymore dark horses in this particular race.JonesMMDe NiroLeoHoffman

Well I thought it was all locked up but Harvey throws a curve and puts Waltz in Supporting. Def, not as confident on MM as I was before.