Finnick

Weekend Thread | Estimates: T:R 57.08M, DH2 29.65M, MOTOE 28.68M, ABMC 11.47M, 32.4K PTA for Lady Bird (Deadline, p.46) | The box office is good again!

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder which A24 film will do better at the box office, Lady Bird or The Disaster Artist? They've become a formidable player in the smaller studio market. Fox Searchlight has also made a comeback with Shape of Water and Three Billboards. 

I think Lady Bird will eventually make more on account of being more accessible (The Disaster Artist should do alright but it's appeal will be limited to only "fans" of The Room).

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

I think the next film if they do one will be Death on the Nile since it's the second most famous Christie book after Orient

And Then There Were None is way more famous than any Christie book outside of Orient Express but it probably won't happen because of the unfortunate original title (and song). I think in most countries around the world it is still known as Ten Little N*****. That would be an easy marketing campaign.

• Like 2

Just now, Joel M said:

And Then There Were None is way more famous than any Christie book outside of Orient Express but it probably won't happen because of the unfortunate original title (and song). I think in most countries around the world it is still known as Ten Little N*****. That would be an easy marketing campaign.

That book is so incredibly good.

1 minute ago, Joel M said:

And Then There Were None was just adapted as a TV mini series which was quite good.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Joel M said:

IMDb have a new version of that listed from the director of Passengers. Also most modern adaptations called the poem Ten Little Soldier Boys.

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Has no one seen Surviving Christmas or Four Christmases? You'd be hard pressed to find a worser Christmas film outside of the ones they show on Hallmark.

I'd also argue Christmas with the Kranks is up there. That film's creepy conformist message still gets under my skin.

• Like 3