Finnick

Weekend Thread | Estimates: T:R 57.08M, DH2 29.65M, MOTOE 28.68M, ABMC 11.47M, 32.4K PTA for Lady Bird (Deadline, p.46) | The box office is good again!

Just saw Thor Ragnarok. 

Blanchett was the MVP for me. She was awesome. The others were good to decent, and the final battle was suitably epic. It's a lot of fun and some of it was really funny, but my God, they overdid it with the one-liners. 

Great visuals, though! And Hela is easily the best villain in the MCU so far. Not that her motives are significantly more appealing, but her presence is far more threatening and magnetic.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

MOTOE deserved more than to be beaten by a shit ass sequel to a shit ass movie. Shame on you Trashmerica.

Only on Friday. It'll edge out Daddy's Girl 2 or whatever that movie's title is for the weekend.

CB masterpiece Thor:Ragnarok is out of reach however.

4 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Just saw Thor Ragnarok. 

Blanchett was the MVP for me. She was awesome. The others were good to decent, and the final battle was suitably epic. It's a lot of fun and some of it was really funny, but my God, they overdid it with the one-liners. 

Great visuals, though! And Hela is easily the best villain in the MCU so far. Not that her motives are significantly more appealing, but her presence is far more threatening and magnetic.

You get the sense that Cate Blanchett just had a ton of fun. Every frame of her shows how much she enjoys beeing an evil b*tch.

• Like 4

I'm holding out hope that Blade Runner, a film that certain demographics still have an interest in, can still leap over Geostorm and Happy Death Day this weekend against the odds. It's possible; I mean, you'd think Geostorm and Happy Death Day would be more frontloaded while Blade Runner would be more evenly spread. Fingers crossed on this one.

Also, I hope Let There Be Light can hold on to its Top Ten spot. It would be incredible if Lady Bird made the Top Ten with Only thirty-something theaters, but that would mean stepping over Let There Be Light for the tenth place finish.

This is an exciting weekend in a myriad of ways.

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Hela better be in IW cause Thanos so far is shit. The movie needs a better villain and Hela's the best Marvel has when Loki's moonlighting as a sorta good guy.

I agree that Hela should return but weve seen maybe 3 minutes of footage from Thanos...give him a chance :P

• Like 3

Looking through old threads, and it's really impressive how close Dory and Nemo were adjusted for inflation, at least according to BOM's calculations.

Nemo - 503M

Dory - 501M

Pretty damn close. Makes me wanna predict 375M for Incredibles 2 lol

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Noctis said:

It's amazing how shitty Coco's marketing has been.

I kind of agree. There’s a problem when your final trailer with fanfare for Coco is 10x less viewed than the god awful Gnomes trailer that Paramount limped out of the barn with and Gnomes will bomb hard.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Noctis said:

It's amazing how shitty Coco's marketing has been.

Not only the marketing ...but the movie itself/trailers doesn't look too enticing ...

My kids and their friends really doesn't have any interest in seeing this ...it almost seems the movie is cater to the Cent/Mex regions ....

Edited by Subzero