That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

14 minutes ago, Rth Ragnarok said:

Top Canada

JL, Coco, T:R, W, DH2, MOTOE

Not surprised. While Coco did better than JL at my theatre this weekend, it was too close for comfort.

JL fell from 52.5M last weekend here to 28M this weekend. Coco on the other hand underperformed with 38.5M. To put in perspective, that's even lower than Wonder here last weekend (39.1M, without including school rental money)

• Like 1

YAY!  JL went up!  If it performs like FB from here on out, it finishes with 258.  FB and DS finished around 230 to 235.  I think JL can push past this about 10 million or so.  250 finish sounds good.  It is 10m more than all the forecasters are saying.  10m extra late legs!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

YAY!  JL went up!  If it performs like FB from here on out, it finishes with 258.  FB and DS finished around 230 to 235.  I think JL can push past this about 10 million or so.  250 finish sounds good.  It is 10m more than all the forecasters are saying.  10m extra late legs!

I think as there are like 8 films coming in the 2nd half of December, JL will be pull from theatres so it wont get a huge X-mas bump.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

No. FB had 1.73x legs from its 2nd weekend. Same legs give JL 243 million. And I wonder why you think this will suddenly sprout better legs than FB given that its legs so far has been far shorter?

• Like 3

I could say than Man Who Invented XMas opened to around our equivalent of 7-8M at my theatre this weekend. But because it's theatre count is so low the system really breaks down because that's way too high since the movie really had a 1.3M weekend at the domestic box office.

So I've kinda recently made a system that takes into account theatre counts when it's less than 2000, and I came up with a number that's around 1.26M at my theatre for the weekend for the film.

Also, the movie is fucking great I saw it last night it might just crack my top 10 of the year so far.

51 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

JL holding better in Canada, Coco not as strong there, or a combination of both?

At my local theatre, Coco has half as many showings as JL, and also fewer showings than Thor and even Three Billboards. Plus, Coco's showings here are less expensive than JL's on average.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Where is this one theater still showing Friend Request even located? :lol:

in WA

1 hour ago, BXT said:

This shows just how crucial Hispanic audiences were in the US for Coco.

LA baby, for example LA did 2.5x NYC

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

Its been a while since we got Canadian numbers from Tribune, but I remember looking at Disney Pixar films and they always seem to perform rather okay. 

yes a longtime, playbackonline gives some Canadian numbers

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

No. FB had 1.73x legs from its 2nd weekend. Same legs give JL 243 million. And I wonder why you think this will suddenly sprout better legs than FB given that its legs so far has been far shorter?

your right.  FB was at 156 and finished at 234.  That is 1.5 x 156 = 234.   I multiplied 172 by 1.5 to get 258.  but that is not the right way to measure it.  I just liked the thoroughness of 1.5 times the current gross.   I took that number and ran with the highest optimism.  Hoping it can finish like DM3, but so far I don't see anything that dropped less than 60% in week 3 from comparison.

....243 total would be an additional 71 million after Sunday. 

Fantastic Beasts had 156 and finished at 234.  That was 78 after Sunday. 

Edited by Matrix4You

13 minutes ago, Rth Ragnarok said:

in WA

LA baby, for example LA did 2.5x NYC

yes a longtime, playbackonline gives some Canadian numbers

Not sure you would be able to give us this detail, but how did Spanish showings do relative to the overall number?

19 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

Not sure you would be able to give us this detail, but how did Spanish showings do relative to the overall number?

I could but I'd have to kill you.

Excellent actually there were quite a few theaters doing it 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1