That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

1 minute ago, Rumpot said:

what is this based on?  I definitely don't expect anything like that

A hunch.  The Pantelion films drop 10% Sunday or even increase.  Lowriders had similar Sundays.  Large Monday drop corrects Sunday hold.  Coco could have large Monday though.  It could have regular drop.  It could build and hold better and even beat Moana.  But if it follows a bunch of other animated movies and has the same Monday to Saturday ratio, then it will have a large drop from the Sunday being reported.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

I wouldn't be surprised at sub-400m for IW. I think it gets more in the low-400s like CW and the like, maybe ULTRON on the high-end.

tbh, above ULTRON would be more surprising to me than these lower-end results.

Hahaha! We will remember this! :hahaha:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think part of it at least here in Oklahoma is that Sunday is the only really day off and family day in the Hispanic community. I could be totally wrong of course but it has always made sense to me based on what I can see in the real world. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, YourMother said:

I predicted $425M for JL. :whosad:

That Winter Game JL Prediction List will look even funnier than the CW one. :lol:

I thought it had the chance to do anything from $325-$400m and split the difference with $365m

JL is going to kill so many of my predictions in that Game.   The only solace is that it will kill at least 99% of everyone else's as well.

22 minutes ago, CJohn said:

@MCKillswitch123 Coco opened well and Justice League CRUMBLED.

http://www.ica-ip.pt/fotos/downloads/ranking_fds_23_a_26_novembro_2017_140285a1bf311ab591.pdf

Only the Brave had a massive amount of screens just to get itself above 10.000 tickets sold. That PTA...

Holy shit, will JL finish below Ragnarok? That's mad to think about.

Good opening for Coco. Kinda disappointed in OTB (I thought people would have an appetite for a feelgood story about this theme), but at the same time, it makes sense. I doubt audiences wanna watch movies about a subject whose wounds it left are still very painful in this moment.

1 hour ago, narniadis said:

I think part of it at least here in Oklahoma is that Sunday is the only really day off and family day in the Hispanic community. I could be totally wrong of course but it has always made sense to me based on what I can see in the real world. 

Not wrong and it's also a very much going to the movies after church aspect to films with a larger than usual Hispanic audience.  

How to Be A Latin Lover - 5.7% Sunday drop

Lowriders - 11% drop

Instructions Not Included-  +12% on Sunday

• Like 6

Predicting JL’s total DOM would have depended I think on when you were allowed to change it. After WW honestly I would have said JL with $425M domestic. A week before release, $300M. Movie had no hype and it was obviously not hitting over $125M OW; we even had the tracking to confirm that. So tough movie to predict in some ways, but pretty easy once we were days from release to see where that was headed IMO.

1 minute ago, JonathanLB said:

Predicting JL’s total DOM would have depended I think on when you were allowed to change it. After WW honestly I would have said JL with $425M domestic. A week before release, $300M. Movie had no hype and it was obviously not hitting over $125M OW; we even had the tracking to confirm that. So tough movie to predict in some ways, but pretty easy once we were days from release to see where that was headed IMO.

Predictions had to be in since Oct 20th or so.  Then I thought it could open anywhere from $120- $150m but put down $140m to hedge against any breakout. 

A week out it was definitely looking at sub $120 and over the last few days before opening I knocked my prediction down to I think $105, thinking it could go 10 below or above - and I definitely would have joined that Below $300m club if it had still been open.

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Predictions had to be in since Oct 20th or so.  Then I thought it could open anywhere from $120- $150m but put down $140m to hedge against any breakout. 

A week out it was definitely looking at sub $120 and over the last few days before opening I knocked my prediction down to I think $105, thinking it could go 10 below or above - and I definitely would have joined that Below $300m club if it had still been open.

Yeah I would have been right there with you in October for sure. I thought it would be way bigger. Especially with IMAX screens to itself for 3 weeks or whatever. Wait is it 4 weekends? Oh yeah it is lol Jesus that’s going to be funny... they’ll be empty that final week before TLJ. Maybe they can still find something to occupy them the last week, like TFA :P 

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I would say it's all but certain at this point.

Thor will cross $300m domestic in the next two weeks, before SW:TLJ opens at any rate. Everything after that is gravy cause it's already excelled past my best hopes and many others.

Justice League isn't guaranteed $275m domestic at this point. Meaning they could pull Ragnarok and it might look like a contest at the end.

5 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Thor will cross $300m domestic in the next two weeks, before SW:TLJ opens at any rate. Everything after that is gravy cause it's already excelled past my best hopes and many others.

Justice League isn't guaranteed $275m domestic at this point. Meaning they could pull Ragnarok and it might look like a contest at the end.

He was talking about Portugal...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Good opening for Coco. Kinda disappointed in OTB (I thought people would have an appetite for a feelgood story about this theme), but at the same time, it makes sense. I doubt audiences wanna watch movies about a subject whose wounds it left are still very painful in this moment.

JL has the double holiday now so it should still beat Ragnarok.

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

JL has the double holiday now so it should still beat Ragnarok.

Oh yeah, I forgot. But yeah, that's not a great hold at all.

16 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

As @efialtes76 mentioned, I was talking about Portugal, not US. Pretty evident that Ragnarok > JL DOM is an absolute lock at this point (which is also madness on its own). :)