Finnick

Wednesday Numbers: COCO:$2M | JL:$1.91M/CROSSED $500WW

[mod edit]

In any event, if Mendelson is right that JL passed 500 on Tuesday, doesn’t that mean that it earned 13million OS and 6 million US to that point? That would mean that it is averaging 6.5 million OS per day. If it stayed on that average for Wednesday and Thursday, that would mean that it could be around 515 million by the of today. At the end of last weekend, it was at 311 OS and about 172 US. A good weekend should take it close to 575-600 WW by Monday, right? 

• Like 1

Just now, Captain Craig said:

Let's look at this.

First sentence: A mere observation then objectively compared to what other major tentpoles accomplish by day 17.

Second sentence: An opinion, shared or not is still just an opinion and his subjective take.

Show some backbone will you?

Not to defend or offend anyone here, since I honestly don't care, but I believe he is correct in regards to what "trolling" is actually defined as, which is using repetition of a stated opinion, that has been stated over and over again, to elicit an angry response from someone with a counter opinion. If the person accused of trolling has been known to have stated this opinion over and over again, it could very well be defined as trolling.

For instance, there's nothing wrong with todays JL drop, so the new information of the day doesn't make JL more of a failure than it was yesterday. Yesterday we knew it would be slow to reach 200 million. That hasn't changed today so repeatedly mentioning it can rise to what some refer to as "trolling."

But again... I couldn't care less.

• Like 1

[mod edit] I hope this thread will stay civil.

Whatevs! Hopefully the drop for JL is not too steep tomorrow. Hoping for ~5%. At this point, anything above 15mil this weekend will satisfy me. How far we’ve gone from high expectations to managed expectations.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CenterMeOnSam said:

Not to defend or offend anyone here, since I honestly don't care, but I believe he is correct in regards to what "trolling" is actually defined as, which is using repetition of a stated opinion, that has been stated over and over again, to elicit an angry response from someone with a counter opinion. If the person accused of trolling has been known to have stated this opinion over and over again, it could very well be defined as trolling.

For instance, there's nothing wrong with todays JL drop, so the new information of the day doesn't make JL more of a failure than it was yesterday. Yesterday we knew it would be slow to reach 200 million. That hasn't changed today so repeatedly mentioning it can rise to what some refer to as "trolling."

But again... I couldn't care less.

On the flipside of that when a movie is having a tremendous box office run we should get on the case of people who gush about it day after day after day and tell them we get the point already, we know it's a huge success.

6 minutes ago, AJ2k said:

On the flipside of that when a movie is having a tremendous box office run we should get on the case of people who gush about it day after day after day and tell them we get the point already, we know it's a huge success.

Speaking of that, I can't wait for Coco numbers.

• Like 2

Moderation:

Please give it a rest, guys. Do you really need to beat a dead horse? Do you really need to bitch endlessly about people beating a dead horse? Both could be considered as thread derailments. 

Congratulations on managing this feat within the first page of some very average and uncontroversial numbers. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

People are just bored cause JL is doing exactly what we expected after the OW and we have nothing for 2 weeks until TLJ

I’m curious from the more veteran box office followers about something speaking of boredom. So the first weekend in December is virtually always left empty of new wide releases. But sometimes you get a Krampus in the first half of December. I’ve read the first two weekends of December have NO new wide releases. When is the last time that happened?! It seems crazy to have two weekends in a row at any time where that’s the case.