aabattery

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - Coco 26.11M, JL 16.58M, Wonder 12.5M, T:R 9.65M, MOTOE 6.7M, LB 4.54M, 3BOEM 4.53M, TDA 1.22M

7 hours ago, iHeartJames said:

Okay first things first kudos on bringing up Nancy with ANOES she doesn’t get enough credit as a final girl also I’m not disagreeing with anything you said but Star Wars isn’t considered a cultural phenomenon as well?

When did I ever say that?

9 hours ago, Christmas baumer said:

Well, I liked your post and agree with most of it.  But Star Wars was not a diluted impact.  I'm not sure if you were alive in 1977-1983 but the first three SW films were just as, if not more, impactful than Titanic.  People had never seen a film like these ones before.  Trust me on this.

This is what I said.  Read it again, I said that SW is a cultural phenom and it's one of the most influential films of all time.

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

How the fuck are you guys still talking about Titanic?  Who gives a shit.  

Apparently lots of people give a shit.  And why the fuck do you care what we talk about?  You have such an abrasive way of posting at times.  This is a movie website and as such we talk about all kinds of movies and eras.  I mean, we talk about everything from Potter to Star Wars to Avatar to Gone With the Wind.  It just all depends on what the mood is that day.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Christmas baumer said:

Apparently lots of people give a shit.  And why the fuck do you care what we talk about?

Because trying to look at a weekend thread that is nothing but Titanic talk for pages and pages is absurd.  Take it to a Titanic thread already.  

Because trying to look at a weekend thread that is nothing but Titanic talk for pages and pages is absurd.  Take it to a Titanic thread already.  

Sorry bub.  That's the way it is here.  

• Like 2

And besides nothing new opened this weekend so invariably other things get talked about when this happens.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Julian1410 said:

Btw i think that that 60 million jumanji projection Will not come to fruittion. Disney has forced all theatres to play The last Jedi on their four biggest auditoriums for the first few weeks. So that is gonna take A huge  bite out of jumanjis opening weekend

What?  This is not true on any level.  It has to play in a big house for 4 weeks, not in the 4 biggest auditoriums for the first few weeks.  

• Like 1

Great, it is a horribly shitty thread.  Excellent job everyone.  

And you are adding nothing to it.  Great job, Empire.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I just added something to it, more than has been collectively added in quite some pages.  You're welcome.  

You added nothing but some ridiculous opinion admonishing people for talking about a movie that doesn't meet your approval.  

• Like 1

Just now, Christmas baumer said:

You added nothing but some ridiculous opinion admonishing people for talking about a movie that doesn't meat your approval.  

No, I actually added something box office related.  I know that might interrupt the riveting conversation of the same people saying the same thing over and over and over and over and over about Titanic, but thought I might actually throw something fresh in there.  

Not to mention Titanic's currently got that re-re-re-release going so at least the discussion is kinda relevant as far as the weekend goes.

How about some numbers, Empire? Maybe that'll help.

• Like 1

No, I actually added something box office related.  I know that might interrupt the riveting conversation of the same people saying the same thing over and over and over and over and over about Titanic, but thought I might actually throw something fresh in there.  

Something fresh by giving us your opinion that we shouldn't be talking about Titanic?  Sure, bud.  Thanks for telling us what we should and shouldn't be talking about.  While your at it, can you tell us what we should be talking about next weekend?  If we talk about Scream's box office run, does that not get your approval as well?  Can you tell us what we are ALLOWED to talk about here?

I'll hang up and listen.

Just to reitterate, this is a box office site and we talk about everything to do with box office.  If you disapprove of this, perhaps you should find another box office site that is more to your liking.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Christmas baumer said:

Something fresh by giving us your opinion that we shouldn't be talking about Titanic?  Sure, bud.  Thanks for telling us what we should and shouldn't be talking about.  While your at it, can you tell us what we should be talking about next weekend?  If we talk about Scream's box office run, does that not get your approval as well?  Can you tell us what we are ALLOWED to talk about here?

I'll hang up and listen.

Just to reitterate, this is a box office site and we talk about everything to do with box office.  If you disapprove of this, perhaps you should find another box office site that is more to your liking.  

READ THE FUCKING POST, I"M NOT TALKING ABOUT TITANIC, I POSTED ABOUT ACTUAL BOX OFFICE STUFF.

You are so caught up talking about Titanic you didn't even bother to read it.  

Right, just to reiterate, this is actually a box office site and this is the weekend thread.  I was confused by 40 pages of Titanic.  

8 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

I'm pretty sure he's referring to this:

17 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

What?  This is not true on any level.  It has to play in a big house for 4 weeks, not in the 4 biggest auditoriums for the first few weeks.  

Edit: I posted this before seeing the above post.

For the record, @EmpireCity isn't the only one tired of reading more-or-less the same arguments being made against what I'm pretty sure is just one person who thinks Titanic was a fad or whatever.

Edited by Jason
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1