That One Girl

Antlers | Fox Searchlight | October 29, 2021

The Shape of Water needs to do well in its expansion for this to be a sure thing. Of course, it doesn't need to be a smash hit (the budget is less than twenty million). But an underwhelming total gain wouldn't do it any favors. Here's hoping Golden Globes and SAG both boost its awareness for the expansion.

But back to the film in question. The title makes it sound very intriguing. I'm sure Guillermo del Toro will do fine with this.

Guillermo del Toro's recent string of small-scale fantasy realism (The Shape of Water and now this) is inspiring me as a creative because that's the genre most of my own ideas are grounded in!

Sources tell Variety that Searchlight is in negotiations with “Hostiles” director Scott Cooper to direct the supernatural pic “Antlers,” which del Toro is producing. Del Toro has been a fan of Cooper’s for some time now, and the two were eager to work together.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/guillermo-del-toro-scott-cooper-antlers-nightmare-alley-1202637543/

47 minutes ago, Mr Impossible said:

Scott Cooper is a very underrated director. I'm excited for this. 

I don't know, if he is current rating has a director with all is movie are good enough to be in the green on metacritic but that while he deliver very good acting performance with a good start is movies do not sustain themselve all the way through story/energy wise to get to the next level, that feel accurate to me.