DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

Walt Disney Co. may announce a deal as soon as this week to acquire a large piece of 21st Century Fox Inc., according to a person familiar with the matter, transferring legendary Hollywood properties to new owners.

21st Century Fox would keep Fox News, the Fox broadcast network and Fox Sports 1. The company would remain independent at least initially, though it could consider a merger later with the Murdochs’ publishing company, News Corp., the person said. Fox Chief Executive Officer James Murdoch is likely to be offered a senior position at Disney after the transaction closes, the person said. That would put him in the running as a candidate to eventually succeed Disney CEO Bob Iger.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-11/fox-deal-is-said-coming-within-days-giving-murdoch-disney-stake

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 1

Nobody would’ve seen this happening at the start of 2017. 

I wouldve guessed Sony would be the first one to get sold off. Murdoch getting rid of Fox is a huge signal of where they think the industry is going. Viacom is surely going by the end of next year too.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DeeReyEgonnnnn said:

Fox Chief Executive Officer James Murdoch is likely to be offered a senior position at Disney after the transaction closes, the person said. That would put him in the running as a candidate to eventually succeed Disney CEO Bob Iger.

So he'll probably become CEO even if Iger stays on for a few more years. Wonderful!

Exclusive: Comcast drops bid for Fox assets, leaving Disney in pole position

“When a set of assets like Fox’s becomes available, it is our responsibility to evaluate if there is a strategic fit that could benefit our company and our shareholders. That is what we tried to do and we are no longer engaged in the review of those assets. We never got the level of engagement needed to make a definitive offer,” Comcast told Reuters in a statement.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AJG said:

I cannot find it, but David Poland on twitter is often posting since at least early 2016 that all but 2 studios were on the possible selling block and could realistically move (not just sony/paramount and obviously Warner that was rumored since 2014)

This is also bad news for some fanboys too. If they are folding Fox/Marvel into Disney/Marvel then Fox/marvel will have to play by the Disney/marvel rules. Say goodbye to R-rated movies and say hello to X-Men movies that look and feel exactly like Ironman movies.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, BXT said:

This is also bad news for some fanboys too. If they are folding Fox/Marvel into Disney/Marvel then Fox/marvel will have to play by the Disney/marvel rules. Say goodbye to R-rated movies and say hello to X-Men movies that look and feel exactly like Ironman movies.

I refuse to believe they would give up all that R rated Deadpool money.

As for you’re last point, you realize those first few X-Men films (plus first two Sam Raimi Spidey flicks) were the tonal foundation the MCU playbook was chiefly inspired by, right?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Fuck Disney.

Blame Fox for selling. Disney is simply bidding on something for sale. Can't hold that against them. Fuck Fox for throwing in the towel.

Edited by JB33
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Disbelief 1

3 hours ago, AJG said:

I wouldve guessed Sony would be the first one to get sold off. Murdoch getting rid of Fox is a huge signal of where they think the industry is going. Viacom is surely going by the end of next year too.

I thought Sony also. I read articles where Sony was predicted to be sold 2 years ago. Sony was the weakest of the big 6. After the Spider-Man arrangement with Disney, I thought Disney may end up buying Sony, but like 5 years down the road.

I read an article written in November after it was reported that Disney and Fox were no longer engaged in talks. He predicted that they would, end up talking again. He expected consolidation in the industry, but thought Disney would buy Sony or Paramount. He felt that Fox was doing pretty well, and Disney was aiming above Sony and Paramount by buying Fox.

The industry is very worried about Amazon and Netflix. Disney itself was the talk of being bought by Apple or Verizon. But, I feel like Disney, with Fox added to the company, is big enough to take all of these companies on. I wonder if either one or both of Amazon and Netflix buy Sony and Paramount.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, RRA said:

I refuse to believe they would give up all that R rated Deadpool money.

If the deal take a year to go through the legal phase and be approved and then Fox run a year or 2 during the transition (i.e. 2 others Deadpool movie already made) or long could they go with that sticks anyway ? 3 Deadpool movie seem a good amount of them already, him shifting to one MCU movie making a metajoke about it and that would be 4 movies already, would it be much money left after all that ?