DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

Also:

Combining with Disney are 21st Century Fox’s critically acclaimed film production businesses, including Twentieth Century Fox, Fox Searchlight Pictures and Fox 2000, which together offer diverse and compelling storytelling businesses and are the homes of Avatar, X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool, as well as The Grand Budapest Hotel, Hidden Figures, Gone Girl, The Shape of Water and The Martian—and its storied television creative units, Twentieth Century Fox Television, FX Productions and Fox21, which have brought The Americans, This Is Us, Modern Family, The Simpsons and so many more hit TV series to viewers across the globe. Disney will also acquire FX Networks, National Geographic Partners, Fox Sports Regional Networks, Fox Networks Group International, Star India and Fox’s interests in Hulu, Sky plc, Tata Sky and Endemol Shine Group.

Does this mean the deal does include the F4 after all? I thought I read some debate here about that.

• Astonished 1

Obviously this deal is much bigger than certain franchises but Disney being in control of both the Avatar and Star Wars franchises is just mind boggling.

Remember the last non-Disney or Universal $1 Billion film was back in 2014 with Transformers: Age of Extinction. Avatar 2 to me was the most definite one to break that streak but now....

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr

3 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Obviously this deal is much bigger than certain franchises but Disney being in control of both the Avatar and Star Wars franchises is just mind boggling.

Remember the last non-Disney or Universal $1 Billion film was back in 2014 with Transformers: Age of Extinction. Avatar 2 to me was the most definite one to break that streak but now....

16 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Let's not forget that Disney not only owns all these franchises now, they also create original contents with WDAS, Pixar and Disney Channel.

They have no real flaws.

As I said earlier I hope they can create studios and massivley invest in videogames, we need ambitious contents with these franchises and for now EA didn't deliver at all with Star Wars.

4 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

And they're very likely to add Avatar attractions in their amusement parks (Disney Land, Disney World) because it's fitting pretty well.

Pandora: World of Avatar opened at Animal Kingdom earlier this year.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

As I said earlier I hope they can create studios and massivley invest in videogames, we need ambitious contents with these franchises and for now EA didn't deliver at all with Star Wars.

Disney doesn't need to create anything, they can just buy other studios. They are already the EA of the movie business.

3 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Disney doesn't need to create anything, they can just buy other studios. They are already the EA of the movie business.

It's true that they can easily buy some firms out.

And no they're not the EA of the movie industry. Disney produces quality movies as Rotten Tomatoes regularly shows it while EA is pretty mediocre.

I hope Disney finds a use for Kingsman, Apes, Alien and Predator without having to dilute them.

It’s a shame Fox is done with the X-Men franchise, they were doing something different with the superhero genre. On one hand this’ll prevent superhero fatigue but it also means less creativity.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I hope Disney finds a use for Kingsman, Apes, Alien and Predator without having to dilute them.

It’s a shame Fox is done with the X-Men franchise, they were doing something different with the superhero genre. On one hand this’ll prevent superhero fatigue but it also means less creativity.

I think if Disney Did X-Men, they would not be making numbers like DOFP on average WW. 

• Like 2

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

I think if Disney Did X-Men, they would not be making numbers like DOFP on average WW. 

But it also could mean no New Mutants, no Deadpool, no more Logan(s), no Gambit and no Multiple Men.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

So I'm guessing Dark Phoenix will mark the end of McAvoy/Fassbender/Lawrence X-Men universe movies (then again that was probably the plan, I was surprised Lawrence decided to come back anyway).