DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

Crazy this actually happened. I've got mixed feelings about it, as I feel it could be bad for future film studios, but acknowledge at the same time it has me kinda interested, as I'm curious to see what Disney will do with most of Fox's titles. 

2 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I wonder how long it'll take for us to see change on the consumer side of things. Renaming the network, integrating the superheroes (outside of Deadpool probably), etc.

Likely not until 2020, as the deal doesn't really happen until 2019.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I wonder how long it'll take for us to see change on the consumer side of things. Renaming the network, integrating the superheroes (outside of Deadpool probably), etc.

Perhaps the first sign will be seeing The Simpsons merchandise on Disney Stores.

11 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Marvel willains have been lame as hell....maybe thanos will be good...so if Doom is anything like those, I would be super pissed. I am hoping the fan 4 will be treated well and that Dr. Doom will be one of the best movie villains ever. Kevin has to do it to make up for the shit show fan 4 / doom fans have endured since 1994. 

The last ones were good.

Ego

Vulture

Hela

Grandmaster (kinda of Villain)

All good, well written villains, with good actors playing them.

I liked Zemo too. Very subtle, with very good acting, cool background and some really surprising things.

They're better than all the comic book villains in other movies recently. 

And I think Black Panther and Infinity War will have pretty good villains too.

• Like 1

This is basically a decision that is sad for the sake of diversity in the movies landscape. You may think that I am taking this too seriously but I dont think it is irrational to think that Disney may do more such "deals" in the future seeing how much they dominate the market right now and how basically only WB and Universal can fight for the second place. 

And this whole lack of competition is definetely not helping in increasing the quality of the movies released. I already think thay Disney has shown enough signs of laziness and complete refusal of taking risks whatsoever whether critics approve of that or not and it can only get even worse.

All in all, this will be a very sad turn of events If Disney forces their unintresting, risk free model in the new properties they now own, some of which have produced remarkable efforts. I just hope that this stops here...

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

There’s a lot evil about Disney.

Nope. Last time I heard they're not eating children. You need to change your definition of evil. Disney is a private company, making money and growing is part of its DNA, it's not a charity.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Nope. Last time I heard they're not eating children. You need to change your definition of evil. Disney is a private company, making money and growing is part of its DNA, it's not a charity.

That’s pedantic do better. Evil is shorthand for ruthless and bad for the consumer which Disney is through its practices

1 minute ago, Darth Suburious said:

I wish people could see beyond comic book movies on how bad this is for Hollywood

Nope.

Marvel wouldn't be what it is now without Disney, they gave a new life to this brand.

Star Wars was an old glory, not dying but not far from it. There was no ambition for it from Lucas, essentially resting on the past accomplishments. Disney is making SW cool and relevant again.

Disney has such an ability : making franchises good, ambitious and exciting again.

It's not about X-Men joining the MCU, I see the bigger picture and all the good things they brought us.

• Like 2

Well I feel awkward for saying this but it always seemed to me that those people calling themselves Disney fans are the type of people that should make absolutely dull... (If they actually have at all).

Wait... sorry not the sex thread!:ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by FantasticBeasts
  • ...wtf 1