DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Welp, this happened. Not a good thing for the business, gotta say.

Hide contents

At least Dr. Doom is gonna be done right this time :ph34r:

Marvel willains have been lame as hell....maybe thanos will be good...so if Doom is anything like those, I would be super pissed. I am hoping the fan 4 will be treated well and that Dr. Doom will be one of the best movie villains ever. Kevin has to do it to make up for the shit show fan 4 / doom fans have endured since 1994. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

I really think Disney will buy the Spider-Man rights anytime soon.

for that, they will have to buy Sony. Tom Rothman ain't gonna give up without a fight. He won't let Disney have it all unless there is something for him in it....like CEO of Disney after 2021!!! 

Edited by marveldcfox

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

From what I’ve gathered they’re three types of people who have feeling towards this deal. The Disney and Marvel fanatics love this for X-Men and F4 going back to Marvel and not giving a shit about the larger and more ominous implications. The people who don’t like this deal who think Disney is the antichrist even though it was inevitable Fox sold and odds are if Comcast or another studio got it the same fate may have happened. And then there’s the people whomst’ve are very mixed on this deal.

Me, imma shitpost.

I'm mixed.

Is it good for the MCU and Marvel Characters? yeah, probably. But it's just a small part in a big deal like that. 

Maybe Disney could make a really great streaming service, even better than Netflix. Who knows. I think streaming is the future of content creation.

But OVERALL I think it's bad to the movie business as a whole now.

3 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

for that, they will have to buy Sony. Tom Rothman ain't gonna give up without a fight. He won't let Disney have it all unless there is something for him in it....like CEO of Disney after 2021!!! 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fuck Spider-Man, Haha!

6 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.

What? It was a jokey remark.

8 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Marvel willains have been lame as hell....maybe thanos will be good...so if Doom is anything like those, I would be super pissed. I am hoping the fan 4 will be treated well and that Dr. Doom will be one of the best movie villains ever. Kevin has to do it to make up for the shit show fan 4 / doom fans have endured since 1994. 

Again, it was kind of a joke, but I do agree: MCU villains have mostly sucked. But tbh whatever they do with Doom probably won't be worse than what they've done with the character in the previous F4 films.

Just now, Mojoguy said:

The DCEU is going get fired up and will respond to this news by actually putting out good movies now (WW was an obvious fluke).

WW is loads of fun with a great performance by the lead, but it is not deserving of that 90+% RT rating. More like 60-70% RT. So ya other factors were at play for that movie to achieve what it did, which I won't get into.

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

What? It was a jokey remark.

Again, it was kind of a joke, but I do agree: MCU villains have mostly sucked. But tbh whatever they do with Doom probably won't be worse than what they've done with the character in the previous F4 films.

But it can't be just better OR similar to what we have gotten from MCU films. It has to be GRAND. 

I am happy that this deal happened. I was very skeptical that this deal would go through, but I am glad it did. The thing I wanted really badly was for Disney to get the film rights back to the Fantastic Four and X-Men. I want an MCU that is like the comics, and have since 2011 (I think most Marvel fans have shared that desire as well). The only thing Disney/Marvel doesn't have is the rights to the solo Spider-Man films, but they have the rights to use Spider-Man in any cross-over films. This is something that I never thought would happen because Fox never wanted to let those rights go, so this may have been one of the only ways to get these characters back home to Marvel.

I am happy that Disney now has the distribution rights for all the Star Wars films, including the original Star Wars.

Having Avatar is great because it makes the Avatar attraction in Walt Disney World actually make sense and belong there. Disney did want to make Avatar originally, but Fox had a right of first refusal, and once Disney was interested (and only then) did Fox exercise that right. Disney is on great terms with James Cameron, so that is good as well.

I am a huge Yankees fan, so Disney getting the YES Network combines the movie studio/theme park company that I like with the sports network for my favorite baseball team. 

This deal also should prevent an Apple or Verizon from buying Disney, which was a real fear. It is remarkable that Disney is the only movie studio that has never been bought by another company. Even Fox was bought by News Corp. in 1985. Disney is still independent.

I don't really share everyone's concerns over the lack of competition because Lionsgate is on the cusp as emerging as a major studio and MGM is trying to get back into the distribution game with the Spyglass guys now in charge of MGM. As far as blockbusters go though, Disney just expanded their lead. I am curious to see what happens with Fox Searchlight.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 2

Maybe this is an stupid question but does Disney now have total control on Fox 2018 movies? If that is the case I don't see how they will let 'Deadpool 2' open 1 week after 'Han Solo' and 2 weeks before 'Incredibles 2' which are likely to make +300M DOM 

Just now, AN9815 said:

Maybe this is an stupid question but does Disney now have total control on Fox 2018 movies? If that is the case I don't see how they will let 'Deadpool 2' open 1 week after 'Han Solo' and 2 weeks before 'Incredibles 2' which are likely to make +300M DOM 

I don't think so. Pretty sure I read somewhere that the deal won't be taking effect until 2019.

Just now, AN9815 said:

It will take at least a year to go through and be, hopefully, subject to DOJ regulators who can stop it, so until then fox is still its own thing

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I don't think so. Pretty sure I read somewhere that the deal won't be taking effect until 2019.

Thanks, that makes sense but it is still weird that they are going to have 3 potential +300M DOM movies opening all in same month 

5 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

I am happy that this deal happened. I was very skeptical that this deal would go through, but I am glad it did. The thing I wanted really badly was for Disney to get the film rights back to the Fantastic Four and X-Men. I want an MCU that is like the comics, and have since 2011 (I think most Marvel fans have shared that desire as well). The only thing Disney/Marvel doesn't have is the rights to the solo Spider-Man films, but they have the rights to use Spider-Man in any cross-over films. This is something that I never thought would happen because Fox never wanted to let those rights go, so this may have been one of the only ways to get these characters back home to Marvel.

I am happy that Disney now has the distribution rights for all the Star Wars films, including the original Star Wars.

Having Avatar is great because it makes the Avatar attraction in Walt Disney World actually make sense and belong there. Disney did want to make Avatar originally, but Fox had a right of first refusal, and once Disney was interested (and only then) did Fox exercise that right. Disney is on great terms with James Cameron, so that is good as well.

I am a huge Yankees fan, so Disney getting the YES Network combines the movie studio/theme park company that I like with the sports network for my favorite baseball team. 

This deal also should prevent an Apple or Verizon from buying Disney, which was a real fear. It is remarkable that Disney is the only movie studio that has never been bought by another company. Even Fox was bought by News Corp. in 1985. Disney is still independent.

I don't really share everyone's concerns over the lack of competition because Lionsgate is on the cusp as emerging as a major studio and MGM is trying to get back into the distribution game with the Spyglass guys now in charge of MGM. I am curious to see what happens with Fox Searchlight.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.