DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

7 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

Alien - Dead franchise. I did not expect to see a new movie in the next decade, either with Fox or any other Studio. BTW, Fox was the studio that did most shit in this franchise. Practically destroying it.

Apes - Just finished a new trilogy in 2017, the third movie doing 30% less money than the second (DOM and OS) and 17% less money (DOM) than the first movie, a movie with a way smaller budget from 6 years ago, unadjusted. Even with great reviews. It's a disappointment, so I no longer expected to see a new trilogy any time soon. Clearly it's a franchise that has tired the general audiences.

Predator - Another dead franchise. Yeah, I know there's a reboot hapenning, but all the last movies were bad and failures. Again, Fox was the studio that did most shit in this franchise. Practically destroying it.

Kingsman: Even now there is no movement to make a trilogy. But so far the movies have made some profit. It may be possible, but it depends on many circumstances.

It’s a shame what Fox has done with the X-Men franchise (5 good movies, but also 5 bad movies, some really bad, And even in the good movies, just Wolverine in the front, extremely poorly represented female characters, horrible chronology, Magneto almost as the only villaiin), the Fantastic Four (three really bad movies), Daredevil and Elektra.

Gambit? Multiple Men? Pff..

The real problem here are the  number of feature films that will be made, Fox Searchlight and the amount of power with just one studio. 

Superhero Genre will be fine.

I can see Disney attempting to trade Alien, Predator, Apes and Kingsman for something else.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Heat Vision said:

Speaking of Avatar, how does it work? Is Disney gonna give Cameron 1 billion to finish his four films?

What happens with Drew Goddard' s X-force? 

Is Hulu in this deal? 

I think Drew Goddard is the one to blame here.

He was writing a Sinister Six movie and BOOM! Spider-Man is coming to the MCU! Sinister Six Cancelled.

He is writing a X-Focer movie and BOOM! X-Men are coming to the MCU! X-Force (maybe) Cancelled.

lol

Poor (rich) guy...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

Apes was probably going to be done for awhile anyway with the disappointing performance of the last movie even with great reviews.

Fox has been doing good films over the past few years but money wise they haven't been breaking any records. Maybe they felt they couldn't compete anymore.

This is both good and bad for hollywood and general movie goers. Atleast I might now get to see a good representation of Fan 4 in MCU and possibly a good solo movie. Marvel/Kevin Fiege better make Dr. Doom the best ever villain in MCU and comic book movie/superhero movies in general. If he is turned into one of their lame type villains, I would be pissed and the purpose of getting F4 back at MCU would be defeated.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

I think Drew Goddard is the one to blame here.

He was writing a Sinister Six movie and BOOM! Spider-Man is coming to the MCU! Sinister Six Cancelled.

He is writing a X-Focer movie and BOOM! X-Men are coming to the MCU! X-Force (maybe) Cancelled.

lol

Poor (rich) guy...

He is jinxed. Maybe he will direct a reboot of xmen or xforce if it happens for MCU/Disney.

1 minute ago, Darth Suburious said:

It time for Columbia and Paramount to sell. 

Columbia should go to WB just for shits and giggles because that way WB gets Spiderman! Paramount to comcast. 

The question is what happens to that Terminator  movie now??? Fox was handling overseas distribution on that...

From what I’ve gathered they’re three types of people who have feeling towards this deal. The Disney and Marvel fanatics love this for X-Men and F4 going back to Marvel and not giving a shit about the larger and more ominous implications. The people who don’t like this deal who think Disney is the antichrist even though it was inevitable Fox sold and odds are if Comcast or another studio got it the same fate may have happened. And then there’s the people whomst’ve are very mixed on this deal.

Me, imma shitpost.

Spoiler

But seriously fuck this deal.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1