CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

2 hours ago, somebody85 said:

The Flixster rating for TLJ makes me sad because I know what it could mean. Good luck getting Disney to take any sort of chances again. That rating is an attack on the film from hardcore fans who are rating it a 1/2 star due to it not going the way they wanted. It's not like mother! where the film was falsely marketed or something like Batman V Superman or Suicide Squad where it was terribly edited.

"I only know one truth. Star Wars fans don't know what the hell they want."

I'm just going to hold out hope that Disney maintains perspective on it. Everyone didn't love ESB when it came out either and it dropped significantly from A New Hope. Surely they loved TLJ enough that they're not going to let a bunch of knee-jerk fanboy reactions dissuade them from letting Rian do that trilogy of his.

Ultimately though, JJ was probably going to do his own thing with Episode IX in any event. 

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, grey ghost said:

But you were a kid, not an adult nerd or fanboy.

No offense but kids have lower standards.

We loved three beloved movies, and that means we had lower standards?

The movie was well received, got mostly good to great reviews, was the highest grossing sequel of all time, and definitely did NOT divide the fan base. Go on eBay and buy some back issues of Starlog and Starburst and read the letter pages. The movie was embraced immediately. The ESB was not well liked myth has been pervasive since the Internet, but has no real basis in reality. More than likely it became a meme to prop up later movies that really did divide people, aka the Prequels.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

I take offence to this.  I'm a Star Wars fan and I know exactly what I want and what I want is not what TLJ delivered.  

I'm not just talking about you. I'm talking about a lot of other people. I followed the hashtag all morning. I saw all the theories. They all were recycled ideas....after these same fans bitched for years about TFA recycling elements from ANH.

What you want is not what other SW fans want. That's the point. Everyone wants something different so in the end "star wars fans don't know what the hell they want"

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I'm just going to hold out hope that Disney maintains perspective on it. Everyone didn't love ESB when it came out either and it dropped significantly from A New Hope. Surely they loved TLJ enough that they're not going to let a bunch of knee-jerk fanboy reactions dissuade them from letting Rian do that trilogy of his.

Ultimately though, JJ was probably going to do his own thing with Episode IX in any event. 

Yeah I'm going to hold out hope too but I doubt Disney wants any signs of divisiveness.

This obviously has that. I'm expecting 9 to have even more fan service than TFA

6 hours ago, KJsooner said:

No kidding. Used to think Batman and Robin was a good movie as a kid. Even had one of those 3 in 1 Batmobile toys where it changed into a submarine, batmobile, and Batplane.

Yeah, let's compare loving Raiders, Empire and Superman 2 to loving Batman and Robin. Arguably children from my generation had better taste in films. ;)

Edited by Wonder Midget
  • Thanks 1