FlashMaster659

Monday #s - TLJ 21.6M

A lot of sky is falling stuff from a movie that'll enjoy the same number of days of holidays as the last two. It doesn't matter if the money comes now or later haha in most cases the second week of week days in this case is ABOVE the first week. And LOL at Christmas day being $30M or something, let's talk in a week. That will be a monster day, way above $30M. Don't kid yourself.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

A lot of sky is falling stuff from a movie that'll enjoy the same number of days of holidays as the last two. It doesn't matter if the money comes now or later haha in most cases the second week of week days in this case is ABOVE the first week. And LOL at Christmas day being $30M or something, let's talk in a week. That will be a monster day, way above $30M. Don't kid yourself.

Should reach 35+ on Christmas. 

I am going to be laughing when Jedi rounds 600m and still has lots of gas. The fact that No one can go look at the past calendar for this release period and see that this is as normal as a 200m OW blockbuster can behave with this calendar configuration means you are only trying to drive a particular picture of information. 

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I am going to be laughing when Jedi rounds 600m and still has lots of gas. The fact that No one can go look at the past calendar for this release period and see that this is as normal as a 200m OW blockbuster can behave with this calendar configuration means you are only trying to drive a particular picture of information. 

We would not be discussing multipliers well over 3 if not for the holiday calendar. Who is the “no one” you’re referring to? Most of us here expect it to go well over $700m. 

I don't understand why people would even be surprised if this drops very significantly compared to TFA.  It's hard to repeat what TFA had going for it. Nearly impossible.  It's amazing that it got up to $220M,  second best weekend ever.  Honestly I thought $200M was the range.  So as of right now it's actually overperforming what I expected.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

We would not be discussing multipliers well over 3 if not for the holiday calendar. Who is the “no one” you’re referring to? Most of us here expect it to go well over $700m. 

Having read the last several pages of the weekend thread and the first few of this one in which several times the comment is made about it not getting far over 600m is made (or the weekend thread itself where some feel that under 600 is a possibility) or the ridiculous comments about Beauty my comment is justified. Sarcasm tends to be a wide net that doesn't leave many out. While skewing conservative you aren't crazy lol. The doom and gloom come this weekend with the deflation of Christmas eve will also be fun (or not depending on who you are.)

This is going to decrease by about $200M.  People will panic and say "what's wrong with Star Wars?"  and then we sit back and watch as no other movie comes close to the "mediocre" numbers of TLJ. 

I think this is divisive but once nostalgia wore off I feel TFA is also divisive on rewatch.  Doesn't matter.  TFA was the perfect storm of release date and timing and a sequel to the most popular trilogy of all time.  TLJ had no chance of coming close to repeating that kind of hype and business. 

• Like 1